Base Laying Day

A place to discuss RID's war plans.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Base Laying Day

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:29 pm

Seeing how we have gained a lot of new members in the last few weeks, and the fact that we are still behind in the GCW, Why dont we try and organise another base laying day?

Come on ! I'm fed up with the Rebels controlling Tatooine

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:53 am

I'm as upset as you are, the score is increasing for the Rebels and there seems to be little support from our allies. They wish to concentrate on Lok and Correllia. Lok I can sort of understand, seeing how it only has a 55 point favor for the Rebels, but Correllia should be replaced with Tatooine seeing how it will be much harder to obtain.

A base placing day can be arranged, and I will tell other Imperials about it, and they can decide whether to assist or not.

Lexx

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:19 am

Another base laying day does sound like alot of fun. What I am worried about is if after we place all of our bases the Rebels willl still have a commanding lead and then they will just blow up our bases and it would be a waist of money and faction points for everybody.

That is why if we were to place bases we should also do several raids the day before we place our bases, the day that we do place our bases, and the day after we place our bases.

But as Lexx said no one cares about Tatooine and we may not be able to organize big enough raiding parties.

Those are just some of my concerns. I hope I dont sound to negative because I would very much like to follow through with another base placing day.

Xan

Post by Xan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:23 am

I disagree with you Lexx Corellia should be everyones main target that currently does not live on a planet under rebel rule.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:47 am

You can look at it both ways, usefulness, or simplicity. I'd go for simplicitiy. All worlds are useful in their own ways, we go for the ones that we can take while we still have the chance, then concentrate on worlds that take the most effort to obtain. Thats just me though, it just feels like Tatooine comes before Talus, and all those non-main worlds. Not to sound like I'm ranting, but after assisting all those other worlds, whether it be Naboo, Dantooine, Talus, Lok, or Correllia, you'd think we could at least be lent a hand on Tatooine for once.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:07 am

Ghettofied wrote:Another base laying day does sound like alot of fun. What I am worried about is if after we place all of our bases the Rebels willl still have a commanding lead and then they will just blow up our bases and it would be a waist of money and faction points for everybody.

I think we should only lay sf bases. I have 3 sf bases and they have been standing since before the last base laying day. The rebels just dont seem to try blowing many sf bases. That way we could get a lead

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:04 pm

I have friends in ISF and will ask them if their guild would be interested in helping out with such an event, all they ever do is blow up and lay bases.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:58 pm

ISF's a great guild, we've been fighting alongside them many times.

Like Gounk said, SF bases are the way of the future. If you already have PvE bases, might as well use them, but look for SF bases if you wish to win this war.

Xan

Post by Xan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:10 pm

no no no its not about that lexx, its about morale, if we hit corellia hard, and especially if we take it, we will really hurt their morale.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:15 pm

I suppose, but the problem is hanging on to it. NoS got back Correllia by a relatively large gap, and the Rebels just took it back without running into much resistance.

bizob

Post by bizob » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:36 pm

SF bases are the only way to go, PvE bases are just to easy to take out for most groups. heres my suggestion -

1) try to take out as many rebel PvE bases as you can (go for the unturreted ones first and preferable the big ones). this will lower the score and keep the rebels busy grinding fp and spending thier money on replacement bases.

2) lay down as many bases as you can, get ALL members of the guild to put down 3 bases each. remember SF bases only, dont even bother with with PvE ones, waste of money/fp and space. sell the PvE bases and the little FOs. its better to get one DHQ than 3 FOs.

remember you have to space the bases out now, cant put em right next to each other anymore. you have to make the most of the limited space. i would leave the rebel FOs alone. i had 3 FOs placed, which meant i couldn't put down any bigger bases. let them have the little ones, it limits how much they can run up the score.