Natural defences for outposts?

A place to discuss RID's war plans.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Natural defences for outposts?

Post by Guest » Sat May 14, 2005 11:35 pm

:idea: Suppose I was to place an outpost of some sort in an area known to be highly active with deadly creatures (such as Sarlacc, krayt grave yard). Would these creatures make for a near impenatrable defence against attacks? If so, would the bases themselves be under risk from the creatures?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun May 15, 2005 8:46 am

I think the sarlaac might not be such a good natural defence, but krayts would be. We sometimes put bases near the Krayt Graveyard or Jundland Wastes where more Krayts hang out. They even pose a threat when we destroy Rebel bases there (Although they are more of an annoyance than anything). However, anything to slow down destruction of our bases would be good. Also, terrain and distance from settlements are another good defence measure. One thing that you should be careful with Krayts however is that they can also turn on your own base. Although, this is a rare happening, and is difficult to do.

Dont try this at home, but two members were experementing with Krayts one day and lured them to take 50% of health off of 4 turrets in a Rebel base.

One thing to remember is that SF Bases should always be kept near our city. SF Bases are the only ones we can easily defend. PvE Bases may be placed out in the wild since we cant defend them easily. Plus, they are not easily searchable by Rebels. Rebels might also hold off attacking bases that are an inconvenient distance away.

Overall, PvE Forward Outposts are the weakest of the weak. If you are going to place these, the only way to make them a threat is by putting turrets and mines. These defences would pose a serious threat. Anything bigger than a Forward Outposts already has NPC's that would be almost impossible to be taken on. However, turrets should be installed in all PvE Bases. SF Bases dont need to be defended, because they are only vulnerable for 2 hours every 2 days. Even when SF Bases are vulnerable, their NPC's are also very strong (except for Forward Outposts, which should *always* be defended whether they be SF or not).

Hope that helps,
Lexx

Post by Guest » Sun May 15, 2005 6:21 pm

Lexx wrote:I think the sarlaac might not be such a good natural defence

Oops. I meant the area around Sarlacc. Sarlacc would make for an interesting defence, though. The disease cloud of gas it lets out would wound the hell out if anyone who got near.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun May 15, 2005 9:08 pm

Oh yeah, thats what you meant :P
Correct, Krayts hang around the sarlaac too.