*IMPORTANT* information regarding taking back Tatooine

A place to discuss RID's war plans.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
*IMPORTANT* information regarding taking back Tatooine

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed May 11, 2005 5:28 pm

(NOTE: This mail is copied word for word as a mail I sent, which explains why some of it may sound strange)

Hello everyone,

This message is being sent to all members of RID, and selected members of BSA, XIII, and THM. Feel free to send this message to your entire guild, and any other guilds who you feel should read this.

Some of you may still know of the plan being launched on May 16th. 5 days from the time this mail is being sent, the combined force of the Imperials Network, will place as many bases possible on the sandy surface of Tatooine. All bases, preferably, should be placed around 4 PM EST on the 16th of May, Monday. These bases will include all types, but please make an effort to either place PvE non-forward outposts, or SF Forward Outposts fully defended with turrets. We want these bases to last, but if neccesary, any single base we can get placed will assist the Empire. So buy any possible bases and defences you can get your hands on, and encourage your friends and guild members to do the same. The 16th of May is when Tatooine is ours, and with the recent liberation of Naboo, even more worlds will follow in our favor. Spend any ammounts of FP and credits you can on these bases. For anyone interested, in the mall in Fort Oasis, Tatooine, you will find many cheap base deeds and turrets. They were purchased by smugglers before the terrorists took over the entire galaxy, so their prices are lower. You will find this mall (Medium Tatooine style), next to the shuttle in Fort Oasis.

These bases should be placed around Fort Oasis, but due to distance requirements, feel free to scatter them around the entire region. May 16th is the execution date, and keep this information our of Rebel hands.

Before the 16th, it is imparative we destroy all Rebels bases we can on Tatooine. We will take down every single base we can periodically during the week. Our first strike begins today, the 11th of May at 8 PM EST, Wednesday. Please assemble in the Bestine cantina at that given time, and we will invite all the Imperials forces we can get. Call any other guilds and friends that you wish to come. We will liberate the galaxy in the name of freedom- FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

Sincerely,
Lexx Yovel- Leader of RID/Mayor of Fort Oasis, Tatooine

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Wed May 11, 2005 6:34 pm

got my SF forward outpost and two turrets just waiting. My old two bases are still up outside of Fort Oasis

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed May 11, 2005 6:41 pm

Cool, cant wait to see those up the 16th :)

Idfig

Post by Idfig » Wed May 11, 2005 7:09 pm

Tomorrow i will check out the mall and buy any thing i can to help out.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Thu May 12, 2005 5:17 am

gah...always on weekdays!

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu May 12, 2005 1:40 pm

Heh, can always just pop on for 2 seconds, or perhaps just trade em to somone else. If you can place em Sunday night, thats acceptable too.

Post by Guest » Thu May 12, 2005 4:48 pm

How many bases can one person place?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu May 12, 2005 4:54 pm

Maximum of 3, if you have more than that, feel free to issue them to other members.

bizob

Post by bizob » Thu May 12, 2005 10:03 pm

i have a few base deeds if anyone needs em. ALL RID members should have 3 bases up after that day. when they smaller bases go we should be prepared to replace them with larger ones, such as tactical centers or detachment HQs.

now if only those stupid rebels would blow up my 3 little outposts so i could put up some bigger bases.

Post by Guest » Fri May 13, 2005 6:59 am

Do bases take lots?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri May 13, 2005 6:25 pm

No, they take 0 lots, but you can only place 3. They dont take maintenance either.

Post by Guest » Sat May 14, 2005 3:53 pm

I have one SF base already up in FO, with a minefield, ive added a large turret.
I have just bought another SF base with minefield and large turret. Should I place it back to back with the other base so as to provide lots of firepower against attackers, or should i place it in some remote location.
Also how effective are the large turrets and minefileds? will a determined strike team easily destroy them or will they provide good defense?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat May 14, 2005 4:00 pm

Turrets and mines are powerful, so they are good defences. As for where to place your base, there is no room in Fort Oasis. All bases should be placed in the outskirts. If your base is in the outskirts, feel free to put em back to back. Front to front ot better, but the distance requirements are changed so much that I doubt you'll be able to put em close together. You'll need to expierment on that.

Post by Guest » Mon May 16, 2005 5:05 am

I placed my two new bases (now have 3 placed)
It took our score from 154 to 156 (big deal!!!)

Idfig

Post by Idfig » Mon May 16, 2005 1:19 pm

ok i got a sf forward out post with 2 large tower turrets, but i do not have enough money to buy 2 more bases if anyone has some extra that they cannot place i will be happy to place them for you.