My 2 cents

A place to discuss RID's war plans.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Erougn
Captain
My 2 cents

Post by Erougn » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:30 pm

Although I will stand behind Lexx's decision to go to war, in retrospect I see several problems with the way it's gone so far. I know I am a total n00b in pvp, but I think some things are obvious.

#1 and most importantly- We should NEVER have gone to war without Amaroo, who as far as I know, is in charge of our ground forces. Putting a temporary substitute in charge of people who have been in the guild was a big mistake (and I see he's bailed on us already). Amaroo would have given us more confidence, and probably better leadership. I didn't see anything special from this new guy beyond rehashing obvious info. There was no real strategy, there was no preperation of the battlefield and even though we were divided into two groups there was no attempt at even the most basic strategies of crossfire, flanking, battlelines, or reserves. Lexx have more faith in your people, and if you have to bring in new talent, try to get someone who actually knows how to win.

#2- Attacking them in their city after griefing them was a huge mistake. We gave them every advantage by doing this. By declaring war and then sitting in that house, we let them gather forces, make a battleplan knowing exactly where we were, and accept only when they were fully prepared. We lost one of our lvl 90 players in the hour long wait while DS prepared.

#3- DS is an arm of the local guild that only accepts members who have worked their way thru training with their main guild as I understand it. So we are guaranteed to be facing nothing but lvl 90, and I would bet their only crafters are alts of the lvl 90 fighters.

#4- Calling a meeting and then going after them right after was a mistake as well. It gave us no time to set up a battlefield, or fully mobilize our best troops. We went with who we had on-line, so you end up with lvl 83 humps like me on the front lines. I know that RID is no democracy, but putting all of our asses on the line for who knows how long is unfair to those of us who don't pvp much and are bound to be ganked over and over until this thing ends. There should have been some discussion and planning beforehand.

#5-(Withdrawn because I stand corrected) Intelligence was flawed at best. At the meeting we were initially told that they had 2-4 players on-line at a time. That was way off. This is going to be a war of gank squads from here on out, where weaker players like me will be forced to either stand around and wait with lvl 90 players or get ganked over and over. And even when we do stick with the lvl 90s, DS will soon have our number and take us out immediately. What do you think the odds of a lvl 83 medic surviving the first minute of a battle are?

#6- I can tell you from personal experience, a team with comms will always beat a team without comms with all other things being equal (which they are not). The stated strategy was kill medics, then all other non-jedi, then jedi. TOO VAGUE. They can call targets and concentrate fire on the fly. We do not have the ability to do the same. There is no way to type in called targets in the heat of battle unless you have a spy outside the conflict directing fire. With them concentrating fire on one after another of us, we had no chance without doing the same. Until this is remedied we will continue to lose any large scale battles we attempt.

#7- Don't grief people in the forums if we are doing the same thing. Case in point was when someone complained about getting hit by 2 DS at the same time, when our publicly (ugggh) stated strategy was to isolate and destroy them with bigger numbers.

#8- DS says that someone from RID showed them some mail stating we lost 10 members due to this war. I know that is over-inflated, but if it is true that anyone from RID showed guild mails to any DS, or for that matter any non-RID, they should be immediately dishonorably discharged, perma-banned from all RID cities, and strung up by their genitals. Finding this leak should be highest priority. Admittedly, this may be a ruse by DS to stir up dissent within our ranks, but we will never win with a traitor in our midst.

I DO NOT want to be temporarily removed for the duration of the war. I will consider it a personal insult and will not return if you do, I just wanted my voice heard. Also all this is just my opinion, feel free to post if you disagree, but no flames please.
Last edited by Erougn on Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:59 pm

You summed up a lot of went wrong that day. I dont agree you with the intellegence part, DS did have on 4-5 online during the time of the meeting. Only untill the war was activated an hour or two later did DS get others to log on... had the battle commensed at the scheduled time it would have been much better.

Also, Weifert did overinflate that "10 person left RID" deal but I dont know if he's also stretching the truth about a RID sending him a mail. If this is indeed true I would agree to remove him/her from RID but I dont know who did send a mail (if anyone even did), and to what degree it would be considered insulting to RID.

Tonight will be another night, and hopefully this time we will prevail. RID has been forced to hunt down DS's individually today and it has proven to be effective for the most part.

The temporary member that left RID did have leadership experience although the thing that was lacked was respect because no RID's really knew him. He had to leave RID to join back with his main guild after that. I do respect what he did, but yes it probably would have been better for Amaroo to lead the charge. It also would have been great if DS was ready during the combat time.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:02 pm

I'll be there, ready to lay down many lives for RID and the Empire!

And thanks for recognizing my post as the constructive criticism it was. I will be reinstating the RID comms system tomorrow evening at the latest. This is one thing I can do which will help bring ultimate victory to RID.
Last edited by Erougn on Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:04 pm

Since Issele has the dueling arena placed, maybe we can organize there.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:16 pm

I have three things to say.

First we should have explained better what was going on at the meeting. It didn't help that codi couldn't shut up for 20 seconds.

We also should have told everyone who hiaracaz was. Hiaracaz is janglor, and janglor is rontor. Janglor is one of the best Bounty hunter's on the server and is a member of imphl. Rontor who is another account of janglors is an elder jedi who rivals lestat. Hes quite capable to lead, he just shouldn't have been leading. One of RID's officers should have.

Thirdly, our intelligence is sound. Thats all I'll say on that, as these forums are no longer private.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:23 pm

After a reread, I think I should post some of the pluses :-)

Spending that time in FO dueling was a great way to warm up and would be a good idea before any battle.

9 RID at a meeting AND in PvP was very impressive. After the big losses we took a few months ago, it seems you were right about the cycle.

We had a large number of cl 90s, more than I've seen together in RID since I've been here.

Espirit d'corps was high. A tribute to Lexx's leadership and the quality of RID in general.

Noone flinched from the fight, regardless of level all were hungry for battle.

About every reply in the soe forums was mature and thought out, hell we may even drag Szul outta the closet

We took our licks and moved on. Sorry I had to bail, but with my recent medical probs I can only stay at my desk for so many hours. I'm getting better every day tho :-)

RID should hold their heads high, there is no dishonor in losing. And we will be stronger every time we hit them.

Jal'Hadon

Post by Jal'Hadon » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:26 pm

our Team speak is open to you all. anyone needing the info talk to me ingame on Matron.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:33 pm

Why not post it here? :D

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:00 pm

Lol, uncertain on security may purge inactives.

Also as Apium said, our intel is 100% foolproof hehe.

There is nothing to be ashamed of. It's very important not to actually get upset at getting killed. Besides there being no penalty, it's not a big deal.

Assemble up in Fort Oasis NOW, and we show them what we're made of.

Szul

Post by Szul » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:28 am

I thought that Bizob had set up Vent server for you guys? Did he take that with him after he left? You really do need VOIP comms, TS is free if you have no cash for Vent hosting, or take up MEK's offer just to get you guys rolling again.

PVPing without VOIP is putting you at a severe advantage against all the other PVP teams... becuase they are using it.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:48 am

TS does have a free server version ( I have it myself), but it's a lot to ask of somebody to keep it up 24/7. People have soo much trouble getting it going, using it only during events is almost pointless. I'm in the process of getting us a dedicated ts server, just taking a little longer than I'd hope.

I'll post the info Szul, so you can stop by and say Hi....you'd be surprised how many active players we have now I think.

SEETHER

Post by SEETHER » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:25 am

I use skype alot so even if you can not use Vent or teamspeak, why not use something Free and better.

Lets break off into sqauds, and all sqaud members (up to 5) can have voice conference and then the squad leaders can be in a voice conference or atleast have access to communicate the leaders.

If not skype which is the best in my opnion then even yahoo messenger will work for the same purpose.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:13 pm

If you have a spare computer (as all computer geeks should!!!) and a 24/7 internet connection with decent upload speeds, you can run a TS server pretty easily. I ran one for RID a long time ago as an experiment and as long as my cable modem kept chugging along, it was pretty cool. Of course, I now have so many issues with my cable modem it's not even funny. If I didn't and I could get a bootleg version of Windows up and running on my spare computer, I'd host a TS server for you all in a heartbeat.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:15 pm

yeah cause Kurke was the crafting division leader lol and crafters organize all of the stuff and are the only ones that can place homes right...

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:20 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:yeah cause Kurke was the crafting division leader lol and crafters organize all of the stuff and are the only ones that can place homes right...

You're damn right!!! Some days I think crafters were the only ones to appreciate some of SWG's more forgotten systems (structure placement and city management being the top of my list).

Back on topic though.