Sad news about our allies and Firebase...

A place to discuss RID's war plans.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:32 pm

I'll wait for you to have a lag attack. Heh, the ship is nothing more than a party barge... I'm going to pimp it out heavily, with that fountain you gave me and possibly the two braziers... hehe, it will rule.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:36 pm

Hehe, remember there is an item limit of 75.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:24 pm

I was thinking of making it like a passenger or tour ship... only problem is 90% of the Veteran players will do the same :lol: That and the fact you can always take an NPC shuttle for transport lol.

What I wonder is why dont the devs make it more inconvenient to travel using NPC Space Transports? It would make people want to use player ships more.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:30 pm

Part of the problem with the idea of using the veteran ship as a transport vessel is that not everyone will have JTL. So, the devs can't raise shuttle prices to encourage use of player transportation from planet to planet. Now, if everyone had JTL, I would love to see a system put in place to encourage player transporttion.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:31 pm

Yeah but increase the npc shuttle prices to the extreme... more people will buy JTL :lol:

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:46 pm

Yeah, forcing people to buy your product will put a quick death to your product. But, think about this way. Why is player transportation better than the shuttle system??? Aside from offering an actual ship to go from planet to planet on, there aren't many other benefits. The current shuttles systemm is actually much faster than a player ship. Not to mention that the shuttle system uses one loading screen. JTL uses two loading screens. One for loading into space and one for loading into a new sector after a hyperspace jump. And lets face facts, you know any player transporting people or things across the galaxy is going to charge a larger fee than the shuttle system.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:46 pm

Of course, you can use player ships for transportation in the role-playing aspect. It works very well that way too.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:17 pm

True, but I will get bored after a while anyways lol.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:19 pm

Hehe, ease of use often wins out over role-playing.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:31 pm

I don't care how much longer it takes, it's still better than missing the damn shuttle and waiting around doing nothing for five minutes!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:05 pm

Well, if you have a slow computer it will still take you at least that long just to load the space sectors and hyperspace to the new sector, lol.

But, you do make a good point. Having a ship ready when you miss the shuttle can be really handy.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:27 pm

And who knows? I might run into something on the way. Then I kill it.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:45 pm

:? i still cant stand how this got blown up while I was gone.... I worked so hard to get us in that too...

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:31 pm

Hey, don't hog all the credit. Ty'e and I helped too. Hell, if it wasn't for me, we wouldn't have went for another raid. 'course, you were the one who impressed Cairne, but that doesn't give you full bragging rights.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:34 pm

Well, we got some good news. I peeked at Firebase, it still exists. But instead of 7 forward outposts, there are now 1 Detachment HQ, 1 Field Hospital, and 1 Forward Outpost. The 1 Forward Outpost was what was left after the attack. So technically, Firebase was never gone :lol:

So the good news is instead of 7 small bases, they got 2 huge ones and 1 small one left.

I still find it amazing, if not impressed, how organized these Rebels were to destroy 6 of 7 forward outposts. Kudos to them, but Firebase still lives it seems.