Combat Events poll

A place to discuss RID's war plans.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Which type of combat event would you like to see us do?

Destroy Factional Bases
83%
Jedi Missions
17%

Total votes: 6

bizob
Combat Events poll

Post by bizob » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:48 pm

ok just want to see which of these 2 you guys would like to do. its my understanding that factional bases are bugged right now but MANY people are screaming bout it on the forums.
a word of warning about jedi missions: they can take all nite and u may still never get a shot off. first of all I (or the BH) need to go to a BH mission terminal and get a mission on a jedi. easy enuff except that u hafta hope that jedi is online at that time. i have a long list of jedi in my friends list (as do most BHs) including faction, when known, so i dont kill imp jedi. most times theres only 5 or so online. "ok so just get a mission on one who you know is online at the time", well that may or may not be possible depending on the jedi's visibility. finally we need to get the jedis bio-signature from a high lvl spynet operative and call a droid to find out what planet the jedi is on. then go to that planet and launh a seeker droid who will trak the jedi. many times the jedi is locked away in some guildhall or house or something and wont come out if people he dont know are around (specially if he sees master BH badge in my bio).

bizob

Post by bizob » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:01 pm

guess you know what i voted for. jedi missions take forever and you may never find a jedi. i know i'm not the only BH in the guild and you only need investigation3 to get jedi missions. you can only get 1 BH mission at a time. perhaps if we get several BHs to get missions on several jedi (doing the friend list thing to make sure we get onliners) we would have a decent chance of finding a jedi. --- killing a jedi, well thats another matter all together.
i prefer destroying factional bases. even if the base isnt vunerable and no players show up it can still be fun to kill npcs and least you get to kill something. of course if players DO show up thats even more fun and destroying a base would be the ultimate!
i think this is what we need to destroy a base (professions wise):
Bounty Hunter with Investigation1
Smuggler with Slicing1
Commando with Heavy Weapons1
Novice Bio-Engineer
Novice Squad Leader

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:13 pm

I HATE JEDI HUNTING

The reason I became a bh was to have fun tracking and killing jedi, however jedi are so overpowered that it's pointless. I almost don't even know why I went through the investigation column just to get my ass handed to me by a jedi. Maybe when the devs nerf "the ultimate prof." of this game, we can do this :cry:

I am all for destroying bases! 8)
I would also like to see more dueling tournaments. Also we should have weekly, or monthly 'pvp practice'. By practicing on each other, we can gain a better knowledge of pvp strategy and techniques.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:59 pm

I just *had* to vote destroy faction bases :P
Jedi missions can be attempted on in the future, but one thing we should do is destroy the Fort Alliance base. I think we need to do a role-call on who can slice the terminals in the base once it becomes vulnerable.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:39 pm

FACTION BASES!!!! if no real people show up, i can solo those effortlessly, and if real people show up while our whole guilds there, then we SHOULD win...all of us are alot better than we were in our last war...and im 1/24th through the jedi grind!!! w00t!!! lol

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:08 pm

Lol, maybe more like .00000001/19438758789 out of becoming a jedi tele :P j/k

But I agree, I think we are getting mroe higher skilled members each day. Not to mention we have some members who can take on skilled Rebs and kill em.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:50 pm

heheh im actually 0-0-1-0 in combat prowess