Rally forth!

A place to discuss RID's war plans.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Apium
Colonel
Rally forth!

Post by Apium » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:50 am

-D S- disgraced us last night. It was embarassing. We obviously went about it wrong, we can't win in large scale warfare on an even playing field. We have to attack from the shadows and then retreat again.

Long live the Empire! Long live RID!
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:08 am

Yes, we cant let this happen again. RID will not rest untill we get ONE victory.

Tonight we organize... We need all RID's to defend this organizations members. *salute*

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:42 am

I couldn't resist. I had to see the video they made to see where we went wrong (good video though I must admit :lol: )

The first battle was too conventional. It was a flat open field with like 10 vs 10 charging at one another. Cool... but we couldn't win in that style. The battle seemed to last much longer in the video then I did when I was actually fighting, but we only really seemed to kill Urrossk (who was later rezzed). Such a battle cannot be won.

The Nym's thing was plain humiliating... I dont have much to say there except we were pretty much demoralized after the first defeat, and a string of clone camping continued. Many were stuck on Lok for quite some time because DS held the starport.

The Fort Oasis thing didn't go well either. Wasn't very well organized and was messy.

Theed was the best battle of the night (mainly because MEK and RID had combined numbers), but we STILL lost.

This shows that simply charging in on the enemy CANNOT work. We need rework our combat strategy completely.

What we need is for RID to scatter, killing -D S- members individually. At times we will organize hit and run RID groups to kill -D S-'ers when it isn't their prime playing time. We fraps and print screen every skill. We make our OWN victory video.

So when RID is not organized into groups, we split RID, because we CAN defeat -D S- one on one. When we DO group it's only to hunt down -D S- when they are few in numbers. -D S- in full force in an open field is a recipe for disaster. I honestly dont know what we can do to prepare RID conventionally other than to level up, get the supplies, and read up on tactics.

If anyone has tips that's be great. Once again, we organize tonight to hunt individual -D S- members. I'll bring my camcorder.

SEETHER

Post by SEETHER » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:17 pm

Well untill I am able to get up to atleast level 40, I'm not even thinking about a war, my gear is the basic armor and I'm still learning about the game.

I have other thoughts too but those aren't to friendly. None the less, I'll be in the guild as long as the guild exist.

I have other thoughts but I'll keep those private.

I'm sure there is a better way to organize even if it means to become more militant.

Szul

Post by Szul » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:24 am

Its not really scattering yourselves, as much as scattering them. If you notice in the vid, they did a good job of charging in and scattering you guys all over, where they took you down 2v1 then focused fire on the survivors.

Also, I noticed that you, Lexx, at Nyms had a great chance to take down V but you failed to switch fire to him when he was chasing you around and attacking... it looked like you were firing at someone down by the bridge. That resulted in you getting killed. I look for players who do that, and will go after them specifically, because it means I have an unchallenged advantage against them, and even if they do switch fire to me, its too late.

So keep those things in mind, and just PVP a lot as a group. Stop doing those "RID recruitment marches" and worrying about how you look in uniforms and stuff, and just go out and PVP ganksta style as a team. And if a team is out kicking your asses, then stay in their faces until they leave, log or undeclare just to get you out of their face.

Pretty much all I have to offer atm, good luck!! :)

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:46 pm

Lexx needs a respec! Officer is nerfed.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:14 pm

yeah but he was squad leader in pre cu

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:21 pm

telemchus wrote:Lexx needs a respec! Officer is nerfed.

no he doesnt need to. Officer is perfect as long as lexx stays alive. He seemed to have lost the magical paint fire ability where he causes everyone in the group to concentrate fire on a single target. Having an officer will give us a huge advantage as soon as lexx gets some more experience calling targets and such.

Actually I'm gonna respec once officer gets their expertise to see what other abilties lexx may have "lost."
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:25 pm

Hah! Well I guess your right. Officer is a great group support (note I said group support) proffesion, assuming you know how to use it effectively.

Besides, no way I'm gonna be a jedi or bounty hunter clone! Never! :P

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:28 pm

yeah you rnot enough of a n00b for those no offense to anybody...