Event Helpers Needed

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Event Helpers Needed

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:50 pm

With 10 days left till our anniversary, I'm doing some hiring. I'm looking for dancers, firework launchers, and some organizers, and a taxi driver.

We just need one taxi driver. Someone to drive one of those 7 person landspeeders back and forth between Fort Oasis and the Imperial Oasis (the speeder should be yellow of course).

It's not really the most needed feature at this event, but it'll make it seem more professional, and you wont believe how many people can't get to the Imperial Oasis from Fort Oasis on their own.

I have a macro written which can be used by the taxi driver. It's basically a macro shouting the next departure time and the like. The driver will be needed from around 7:00 PM EST to at least 7:30 PM EST. It may be less or more time depending on how often it's used.

I'll be looking into other guilds for dancers, but if we have any entertainers, feel free to dance at the Fort Oasis cantina or Imperial Oasis. We will need people to launch fireworks from our theater though. This is a pretty easy job which would take 10 minutes, tops.

Lastly, we need event advertisers/assistants.

To advertise this event, forward the event mail to random passerbyers (I will send an event mail to the guild tomorrow), advertise on other guilds forums, and use advertisement droids. Avoid spamming at busy locales, as this may turn off prospective celebrators. Be sure when you send event mails to passerbyers, you don't send them the mail a second time around. Often I think the person is different from the one I saw before, and they get my mail twice.

At the event, I need people to disseminate basic information. For example, a guy to stand at the Imperial Oasis and organize casual duels, or explain the fishing procedures.

Also need people to be directed from the shuttleport to other places.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:40 pm

I'll help out however you need. I am off Saturday so I can be there early. Did you advertise on www.starsidergalaxy.com ?

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:34 am

Have you considered HGS for entertainment?

I'll be happy to get the word out.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:33 am

Yeah I advertised on the Starsider Roleplay Network forums. I contacted HGS, unfortunately they can't assist due to a busy schedule/thanksgiving, so I must find another guild. I'm not sure who else can assist with the entertainment aspect unfortunately though.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:22 am

Arramen has an alt on a separate account that is an entertainer. He could run her on his laptop or if he isn't home I can run her on mine. It may not help much but at least it is one more. Btw did you have that fish trophy crafted with a custom name? If not we can do it for ya.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:01 am

I have a fish trophy schem, but not one crafted. You can craft one, that'd be great :D

Basically, it'd just need to be named something like, "Grand Prize: Tatooinian Fisherman (11/23/08)"

It can be shorted if neccesary.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:03 am

ok I'll see what we can do. I might not have a schem. Also I'm not sure it will let me craft the punctuations but I'll have arramen give it a try. Well since I am doing all this fishing tournament stuff I may as well volunteer to run the fishing tournament lol.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:50 am

I'll be the bouncer..

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:53 am

lol xoseh. You should be the bouncer that wears a dress, humiliate them with your transvestite looks.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:01 am

I can help out where ever I am needed, no prior notification is necessary. I'll be on over the weekend to see if I can help at all and then I will be on for quite some time in the days leading up to the anniversary.

My monetary offer still stands, so if something is needed at the last minute, I don't mind picking it up.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Bovive wrote:lol xoseh. You should be the bouncer that wears a dress, humiliate them with your transvestite looks.

I tried that before in real life and it worked. Might work in game.

Lol (:

Kuuhl

Post by Kuuhl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:27 pm

I'll volunteer to be a taxi driver, will finally be able to put my desert skiff to good use :P

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:39 pm

Kuuhl

Post by Kuuhl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:43 pm

Whoops, didn't see the part about the V-35.

Want me to go ahead and use one of those instead, or will my skiff with a yellow/black paint scheme work?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:46 pm

The skiff is fine, it doesn't matter too much really. I was just saying the Lars one because I wasnt sure how many people had the skiff.