RID Events: PvP, PVE, RP, you name it!

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
RID Events: PvP, PVE, RP, you name it!

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I would like to hear what ideas for events you would like to see or preform. Below are some I may start soon.

PvP:
-Old fasioned raid on Anchorhead
-Attacks on Rebel Bases for FP, and to retaliate for that damage those terrorists did to OUR base. :twisted:
-Defend Bestine and Espa from Rebels.
-Defend Fort RID at our city.
-Want to hear your PvP ideas.

PvE:
-Hunts on Fort Tusken.
-Hunt in Squill Caves.
-Preform more difficult PvE quests IE: Corvette, Geonosian, or the even more suicidal Death Watch Bunker.
-Do faction missions for charity IE: Tip Leader the credit rewards you recive.
-What else should we do?

RP (Roll Play):
-An Imperial Uniform march in Bestine.
-Recruitment firework launch to attract new members.
-Speeder races in various locations.
-Out of ideas... you have any?

I feel all three of these "genres" will help RID appear to be a good guild. Especially the RP one because it doesn't require any skill and it makes us look good, no downsides to it. Yet RID is supposed to be a PvP and PvE factional killing guild, so those raids on Anchorhead and fundraising missions for the OCF will really help!

Lexx Yovel

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:39 am

Speeder races are great fun, and have prizes!

Old fashioned raids on Anchorhead are always good.
Internal PVP tournaments would be good fun too

Would only recommend squill caves for novices.... I can clear the thing out on my own.

I would be up for a few trips down to geonosian bio labs.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:26 pm

i like attacking rebel forts i need some fp to purchase armor and other stuff

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:16 am

I think we should all arrange to get together (make the time suitable for EST and GMT) and do whatever missions we agree on and the rewards go to the guild so that it can be spent on things the guild is lacking.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:34 am

i also think that the guild is lacking dedicated members. we should have some loyalty thing or something

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:33 pm

Thanks for your input, so far I am considering the following.

-Races to attract new members and raise money. We could have outsiders pay for an entrance fee. All the credits go towards RID and the winning racer gets some cool reward or somthing.

-Imperial missions to gain experience, and to see overall order-taking. Like seeing how everyone listens and making credits, xp, and fp.

-Raids on Rebels Forts. This would help give a lot of FP, as well as giving us a good way to retaliate.

-Loyalty tests would be nice. I am thinking of a way we could carry that out.

Thanks,
Lexx

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:42 pm

Well as I am keeping my self neutral for now as this will allow me to use my purpose in the ISB Spy division. i think we should go on hunts or w/e that a neutral can go along with and all the rewards go to RID to better it and this woul test/improve the way we all work as a team and take orders and the ones not taking orders who rush off being dirty harry's, kick their ass into touch :shock:

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:52 pm

/agree Iwooko

Seems like whenever there is an event there aren't many of us around. Now, one thing to remember is some of us in the guild aren't to great at combat. I am a master artisan, master merchant, and working my way to master architect. That doesn't leave much room for combat experience. So any activities that don't involve heavy combat, you can expect me to show up.

While I do like the different events you listed Lexx, the one thing I think is missing, is some sort of scheduled event. For instance, maybe every firday night we can have a party at the cantina. Or, you can have weekly hunts that happen around the same time and same place each week. With a regular schedule of events, people will be able to make better plans to attend.

One other thing we could do, is provide rewards for attending the occasional event. Come to a uniform march in Bestine, get faction points or something like that. Go to the group hunt, get a few free buffs. And of course, hold competitions and give awards to those who win. If anything, things like this can help spur new membership.

Anyways, these are just some thoughts of mine, let me know what you think.

Your friendly architect,
Kurke Aumea

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:37 pm

I got so tied up in combat oriented events I forgot about neutrals and crafters you you guys :)

A cantina party would be wonderful. This would be a chance for crafters to make drinks or entertain. I was even thinking of some sort of a play when we get the theater.

Lexx

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:57 pm

a play would add culture to our town not just a war hungry town

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:16 pm

Correct Iwook. RID should try to be somthing else somtimes, instead of a battle driven guild and city hehe :P