Radio Station

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Khaeden
Radio Station

Post by Khaeden » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:01 am

Gamer Radio Initiative

For years I ran a radio station on the net devoted to MMORPG Gamers in a variety of titles, including SWG. (SWG is actually where it started) While I haven't owned a station in a while, these guys and girls (most of my employees and colleagues from MMORadio) allow me to crash my girlfriends show from time to time. While the live shows are not 24/7 yet, the down times are automated, and the DJs that DO come on offer something for everyone's tastes.
My girl (Muse) has shows on Wednesdays (The Wednesday Wonderland) and Fridays (The Friday Night Free-For-All) at 7pm EST. More often than not I join her and since I've become a part of R.I.D., you're likely to hear things that are relevant to you guys as well. The station is primarily hard rock oriented, but again the shows vary and the DJ's are always taking requests.

The shows are 18+ friendly, and they strive to keep the music pure in the sense of preferring tracks that have not been edited.

They have an IRC channel at irc.gri-network.com
port is 6667 and they have Nickserv so you can register your nickname and protect it.

Come on in! Tell them Buddha sent you. (Buddha would be me :D ) If you tell them you are a guildie of mine, I don't get a thing except for mad props for shamelessly promoting my friends shows. Or... if I am in there, feel free to say hi to myself OR Muse :D. You get extra lovin' if you mention me. By whom... or what... is an entirely different matter. :D

http://www.gri-network.com/index.php?page=13

Click the link and pick the player you prefer to listen through. I do recommend Winamp, simply because it sounds a hell of a lot better than WMP.

{JEDI MIND TRICK} You WANT to click the link and... rethink your life...

Arev
Colonel

Re: Radio Station

Post by Arev » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Nice, I can't wait to check it out. Do you take call-ins?

Khaeden

Post by Khaeden » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Arev wrote:Nice, I can't wait to check it out. Do you take call-ins?

Yes from time to time. Though right now we aren't set up for it simply because my sound board is half fried LOL. But some of the DJs can take Skype calls on the air. Once I get my lazy ass out to replace my sound board we will be able to as well.

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:49 am

omg yu hav a GF, what happened to us being together forever

Khaeden

Post by Khaeden » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:49 am

It's okay Porch... we'll always have Bestine...

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:09 pm

</3