SWG Video Contest

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
SWG Video Contest

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:44 pm

For those who have skills with teh FRAPS, there will be an SWG video competition: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=850815

I will likely be making one, though others should too (Rett especially lol).

Valgor

Post by Valgor » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:30 am

Just as a little side track, if i were looking to making them or at least messing about with trying to make them what tools/progs am i looking to have to be able to do so. Not just the cutting but the whole getting the in game footage etc with out all the interface stuff (tho i know you can get the interface hidden in game if you pan round you still get the blue boxes appear around npcs, players etc.
Is there any helpfull sites for learning/picking this up.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:31 am

Not that I know of. I think the best way to go about making in-game movies is to see the interface options. Turns of chat bubbles, hovering icons over NPC's, and things like that. Not sure how to get rid of target boxes, aside from making sure your cursor isn't over them.

Valgor

Post by Valgor » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:26 am

Cool, what about software etc, what have you used to make your movie clips etc in terms of capturing it for editing etc.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:34 am

I use Fraps for capturing the scenes, and Windows Movie Maker for editing... though there's probably better editing programs out there.

Valgor

Post by Valgor » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:21 am

Thanks ill take a look