Changing History

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Changing History

Post by Arev » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:28 pm

Lexx, you should go back and delete the history about XENO being considered a daughter PA of Navy. Laryssa, who has me on ignore, actually bothered to read it and comment on it in our SSG-Empire forum. I should have have copied that comment--she still believes that we still members.

Arev
Colonel

Re: Changing History

Post by Arev » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:41 pm

This was the PM I sent Laryssa;

In response to your comment, yes, we did believe that XENO was affiliated with Navy. We also knew that you and I had a tumultuous history together. So, we drew our own conclusions. We were wrong. We were so wrong that we made amends with XENO when we guilded their former leader. If you noticed, that history was posted in August, possibly written over the summer, a time period when I was neither in RID, nor playing SWG.

I requested that Lexx edit the history at his earlier convenience. Whatever you may think about me, and our past, is up to you. I hold you in high regard and am willing to move on. I know you have me on ignore, and that's fine, but my offer of mutual cooperation is always out.

Thank you,

-Amo

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Nevermind, she reposted it publicly.

http://empire.starsidergalaxy.com/index ... pic=4379.0

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Yikes, I can't believe people (especially those outside of RID), even looked through that history.

With that said, it was a very bad idea for me to post that section publicly. I've temporarily witheld many entries until more times passes by, so I'm not sure why that one made it. So I've removed it publicly for now.... though I see she already shared it.

It's also not very accurate. It was literally something I typed together in 5 minutes without considering the implications of Laryssa fishing through a gigantic tome of a history... though I guess the fact that it was at the very end of the history account made it stick out more.

I did respond to that thread on the Imperial forum. Hopefully they understand it's not really meant to represent anything we believe in, but more of a rough draft of some information I was given.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:17 pm

If you see Jathox online, you might want to approach him about the matter.

I'm not surprised that TK-724 was one of the first to respond. He's in Navy and he was also the XO of SixT when they were based in Fort Keen, claiming all these grevious transgressions when the Laryssa spat when down in March.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:31 pm

Yeah, and btw as I speak I'm in tells with Jathox.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:55 am

How'd everything with him turnout?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:38 am

He seems like a cool person. He said he was excited about the plans for Outpost Kappa, and was happy to be with RID. He briefly discussed the Victure' thing, but I just told him that can all be put behind us, as we both agreed it was a difficult summer for everyone.

As for Laryssa posting about this, he basically said, "Let me guess, Laryssa is angry about something?" He skimmed over the post she put and said to take everything with a grain of salt, but don't bait her if possible, as she does carry some weight in the RP community. Yet he reaffirmed that NAVY is hardly a guild.

Of course we won't post that publicly... lol.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Buahaha. That's great. I love this guy.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:53 pm

To be fair to Laryssa, if I knew that a PA that I had a bad past with drafted a historical document, I would probably search it for any references to my PA as well. Although, the history mentions another PAs over the years, this is the first time, I believe, anyone commented on it. But, Laryssa honestly goes looking for trouble. Then she'll find it, and if approached on it, she'll play victim. She's done it before.

I wanted to respond to that Lumnor guy, "And who are you again? We obviously aren't missing any decent RP if you're a nobody." XD

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:58 pm

PUT HIM ON THE COUNCIL NOW!

I think we should let the past be the past, guys. RID is turning over a new leaf, and I stand with them in that endeavor. I've been griefed by even members of some of the community's prominent guilds, but I tend to not come to the forums and embarrass them over over it--the last thing I want to do is hurt role-play.

Regardless of what happened, I think you should just forgive the parties involved. Those in RID's up and coming RP units will be thoroughly debriefed on what is expected of them OOC and IC--they will know the 'rules of the road' before they even get their IC interview or assignment. End the end, I ask you to give RID another chance and not let a misguided few spoil your RP or the RP of the guild at large. For far too long has this community been uptight and forced everyone to walk on eggshells of the actions of a few.

IF something does happen, you come to Lexx, Amodeus, or myself and we will resolve the issue before it gets out-of-hand. I daresay it often takes a few mistakes before one can fully learn any subject. You have to remember that RID went from an essentially non-RP PvE/PvP guild to adding RP-heavy elements to that mix. Their are bound to be issues and those are always handled on a case-by-case basis. Coming to the forums to bitch about them without first talking to us OOCly does nothing to resolve the issue.

If our quality of RP and the way we handle a given situation is a testament to our character (and it is), then your ability or inability to forgive and move on is a testament to yours as well.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Very likely I will :P

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:43 pm

And after reading everything Laryssa wrote... she's just a sad person. It's really that simple.

As you say, I too would look for references to RID if another guild wrote a history thread. In fact, I've found and read references to RID in other forums, which don't always speak highly of us, but I would never use that against another guild, especially if it was written long ago.

The unfortunate thing though is that people actually do sympathize with Laryssa, and who can blame them when they only look into what she posts?

But I digress... I'd say more, but Jathox and Nek't (who is that guy anyhow?) said all that needed to be said in that thread.

Lets just let this drive us to prove that RID can be a premier RP guild that actually puts FUN (yet structured) RP back into the game, rather than incessant drama and strict adherence to airtight regulations. More time actually playing the game and having a good time rather than arguing petty things over message boards, like certain other guild's decide to do.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:53 pm

HUH? Now I'm getting a PM from Darillius saying this:
I've decided to revoke all RID boards here on the Empire forum save Public Discussion. Obvious reasons being that RID has a private forum of its own elsewhere which makes having another set here only a waste of bandwidth for starsidergalaxy.com.

Given it's the holiday season, I'll give you two weeks time (14 days) to relocate or save any information from your boards before I'll subject them to removal.

And this was my response to him.

Greetings,

RID has had http://www.RidBoard.com since 2004. Why all of the sudden have you made the decision to revoke access here now?

We really appreciate you having these forums to begin with, and letting them use them, but we would be very disapointed if RID's access to them was removed.

These forums provide the only official discussion place for RP activities in RID. While the official forums do exist for our own members only, these ones exist so that RID's RP'ers may also speak with fellow Imperial RP'ers.

We would be very grateful for a reconsideration.

Have a merry Christmas!

Lexx Yovel

Granted, after reading it again, he wishes to keep the public section, but that's still rather pointless. The private section is still important there simply because it's better for RP'ers.

FURTHER INFO: Darillius responded to the "history" thread. Sigh... talk about a mess. It's obvious his reasoning for revoking private access is because he thinks we're malicious, not because of bandwidth.

Though he says otherwise.

I can understand if it seems so very out of the blue. But the conditions to have member boards here in the first place is to have none elsewhere. It's also illogical to have more than one, but that's a personal opinion. I wasn't aware RID even had forums until now, at least I wasn't informed about it by anyone, whether deliberately or otherwise.

You'd still maintain a public board for the purposes you listed. I have to be consequent though, if we started letting everyone have an arsenal of boards it will cost us bandwidth and in the end money. And for what it's worth: no, my decision to prune your boards is not related to Laryssa's thread in any shape or form.

So maybe bandwidth really is the issue, but he didn't know we had a private section untill now? *shrug*

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Uh, I have some good questions Lexx. I have a good deal of knowledge about computers and servers, bandwidth for a forums server? Really???? Is this guy serious? On a server you have a hard drive like a computer which holds information. The amount of information can be alloted to any particular user, but to say it would clog the bandwidth is like saying you can clog a shop vac that can suck up 1lbs of nails with dust bunnies. With all the information that goes on the forums, we here have barely taken any space up unless we fill it with pics/screen shots on the hard drive. Unless we have some sorta streamline there (like playing SWG off that server), he in my opion is LYING.