Seventh Anniversary Advertisement -- Input Needed!

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Seventh Anniversary Advertisement -- Input Needed!

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Okay, this is the advertisement I currently have planned to post on forums, including the SWG RP forums, Empire RP forums, other allied forums, and possibly the Starsider forum. Let me know if there's anything you think I should add or change. I can easily change the main poster image to alter any text accordingly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name of Event: RID's Seven Year Anniversary Celebration
Contact: Regal Imperial Defenders, Lexx Yovel / Hel'mut Yovel, or Councilmen Amodeus, Osar, & P'nub
Server: Starsider
Locations/Timeline:

9:00 PM Eastern - Gather @ Outpost Kappa, Talus /way orange talus XXX XXXX \#FF0000RID Anniversary Location (12/3/10)
9:15 PM Eastern - Speeches Begin @ Outpost Kappa
11:00 PM Eastern - Event Conclusion, winners determined for fishing tournament

Date & Time: Friday, December 3rd, 2010 @ 9:00 PM Eastern

Description: We are proud to announce the Regal Imperial Defenders has just turned seven years old! To celebrate this momentous occasion, we are inviting everyone to join us for an unforgettable day. At 9:00 PM Eastern on the 3rd of December, participants may gather at Outpost Kappa on Talus. At 9:15 PM Eastern, Lexx Yovel, the Leader of our organization, and other organizers will deliver a short speech to all the participants. Soon after, live entertainment will take place, including other activities.

During the celebration, there will be a fireworks show, and participants may take part in a fishing tournament which will end at 11:00 PM Eastern. The celebration will be a great time for everyone to get to know one another, and tour the various locales within Outpost Kappa, including its shops and other venues. Event security will be provided for, and our organizers will photograph the celebration, so that everything may be summarized upon completion of the event.

There will of course be cake, drinks and other goods, sold by a vendor in the cantina. Jawa Beer, the guild's official beverage, will be plentiful. There will be no shortage of things to do during our anniversary celebration, so do be sure to attend and tell your friends too!

Activity Rules and Information:

1.) Talusian Fisherman: Want to try your hand at fishing?

Whoever catches the largest fish by 11:00 PM Eastern on December 3rd, 2010, wins a Trophy and 3,000,000 credits! Keep in mind that the fish must be caught on Talus during the day of the celebration. Whenever you catch a fish, send Lexx Yovel a mail with its length. If the next fish you catch is larger than any previous ones, you may continue sending Lexx mails. By 11:00 PM Eastern, he will look through his mails to determine who caught the largest fish. He will then meet with the person to verify that the fish is authentic, and give him or her the Trophy and 3,000,000 credits.

For this fishing event, an area will be set up around a small pond in Outpost Kappa.

2.) Will there be fighting?:

In such a dangerous galaxy, you always have to be prepared. Dress to celebrate, but do be sure to bring a weapon. Also, be sure to officially "join" the celebration by registering on the "Storyteller Terminal." This will allow you to fully enjoy all aspects of the celebration.

3.) Fireworks: Although fireworks will be launched sporadically during the celebration, there will still be a large firework show taking place at Outpost Kappa.

FAQ:

Q: Why is this celebration being held in Outpost Kappa, and not RID's capital of Fort Oasis, Tatooine?
A: While Fort Oasis is indeed our capital city, and the founding location of the Regal Imperial Defenders, we feel it is always nice to give a change of scenery. Most of our previous anniversaries have been held in Fort Oasis, so doing this years celebration in Outpost Kappa simply makes sense.

Q: Is this event going to be OOC or IC (AKA RP)?
A: While roleplaying is certainly welcomed, we do not require all participants to take part. We simply ask that players who are OOC be respectful, and refrain from disrupting players who choose to roleplay. (Input here Amodeus? This is your city afterall :P )

Q: What if I cannot make it to the celebration at 9:00 PM Eastern?
A: We understand that the set time of 9:00 PM Eastern will not be suitable for everyone, but we had to choose a time that was satisfactory for most of our organizers. If you cannot make it early enough to see the speeches or take part in the other activities, do not fret! The entire event should last at least until 11:00 PM Eastern, a full two hours.

Q: Anything else I should know?
A: We just hope that everyone who attends has a great time! If you do have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Re: Seventh Anniversary Advertisement -- Input Needed!

Post by Osar » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Only input I see worth mentioning for me is instead of saying: "RID and her allies"
Instead say: "RID and thier/it's allies"
To me it makes more of a group statement when you say it like that.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Sounds good to me. Gonna go ahead and update that.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Okay, I'm gonna start getting this posted on various forums, because the event is only 9 days away and we need to get the word out.

However, I can still change, add or remove things on the fly, so just let me know.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:48 pm

I prefer "her" because it's a reminder that Lexx needs to get a girlfriend. ;)

Keep the event OOC to open the event up. Also, there seems to be a focus on the fishing event. What happened to the Rebel attack?

And if you want to, you can consider editing the OK screenshot to throw in some NPCs. I'll toss down the regular ST props, and if you want to add anything, go for it. Other than that, it looks great! Hip-hip for Lexx!

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks for the input :D

The Rebel attack is still planned, but I kind of want it to be a surprise attack.

But I'll try leaving in more clues, such as saying, "The city is under alert due to a possible Rebel attacks" or whatever. I can also edit that photo to put more in it.

We could also consider have a race track set up as well to add more diversity.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Gotcha, gotcha. I'm sorry I didn't get around to putting down the props. I will be placing them down tomorrow morning after reset.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Okay no problem. Couldn't get around to log on much at all today anyways.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:25 am

Props should still be down for a few more hours, if you didn't get a chance to see them yesterday. I was planning on sending out personal invitations to certain prominent RPers and former members, HOWEVER, I realized that a few of them are Rebels. We should reconsider the 'Rebel attack' and replace it with a 'Pirate attack'.

Also, unfortunately, I'll only be able to stay for the first hour or so because work calls. :(

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:49 am

Yeah, I think a pirate attack would be a bit better.

And I should be online soon to check out those props.

As for you only being on during the first hour, that's too bad, but if everything goes on time, the most important things will take place during the first hour anyways.

Also, if we decide to anything gravitated towards the cantina, might it be possible for my alt to get admin rights to put down a temporary "bartender." Basically it'll just be to sell some cake items and drinks.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:12 pm

What's the situation on Friday? Stage location set?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:20 pm

I'll get you an exact waypoint as soon as I can.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Okay, I took a look and agree with your assessment that /wp 4880 -4330 works best for the stage :)

As for the fishing area, I kind of realize there isn't any water in Kappa due to its high elevation. The best place I could find was at 4444, -3900, which is unfortunately like 800 meters away from the stage area. Not too bad though I suppose. I can also help decorate the city by having Hel'mut grant storyteller zoning to Lexx.

And who owns or has admin to the Shaved Furball? It would be a nice place to congregate, but I think if we set up a nice stage area it won't be necessary.

Lastly, Nu'ro's band, which performed during the last anniversary, expressed interest in helping out with this one. So we should keep in touch with him and work out how their performances work out. Is anyone else interested in performing also?

Well anyways, I'll keep you guys updated on anything else.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:27 am

Oh, oops, my bad, I forgot to grant you admin to the cantina. I'll take care of that today. I'll add Hel'mut and Lexx.

I can't think of anyone else. There used to be a couple well-known bands, but those seemed to have closed up shop, unfortunately.

I recommend having a 'dress rehearsal' tomorrow, at 9 PM EST. Just to make sure all the macros work and everything, for the most part, is ready to go.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Yeah, I plan to test my speech macro. It shouldn't be anything too fancy.

If you or anything else would like to deliver any words, that'd be great too. It can be anything, just like an "intro" welcoming everyone to town, or whatever.