Anniversary Plans?

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Anniversary Plans?

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Well RID's seven year anniversary is only 21 days away, so we should start making some finalized plans and get to advertising it.

Specifics are tentative right now, so any input is appreciated. I'd like to get something advertised and worked out by this Thursdays.

The party doesn't neccesarily have to be on the 23rd. To be honest, that probably won't work because I'll be flying home that day. So we could plan for the 24th, or the weekend following that, depending on what you guys think.

So far, I'm planning this as though it'll take place in Fort Oasis, but I'm open to the idea of holding it in Outpost Kappa if Amodeus would like to work that out.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Re: Anniversary Plans?

Post by Osar » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Well personally for me it would be cool if you could set some ST tokens out to make a duel ring for the PVP'ers. For those that like to PVE, set a time and place with ST tokens and role an RP event into that. Put loot (ie, YT-2400 in which I can donate one) in the killed PVE tokens and make sure all groups use a loot system(ie, random loot, lotto loot...), and I (Osar) will donate 5 mil to the winner of the duel event. As for the loot though, I would recomend you put things like a decent stack of junk loot in the lower non-boss npc's and like the YT-2400 in a boss npc. And if ppl wish to participate in the PVE and PVP events, they would need to register at the time of the party with a mail to the event boss, example if you put Crazygun in charge of the tournament for the PVP'ers they would have to send him a mail/tell for him to put thier name on a list so he would be able to keep up with those participating. Or if it was the RP to turn PVE/PVE'ers showing up for the PVE event then they would have to send a mail/tell to Amodues so he could do the same. Just my ideas.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:52 am

If we host it in Outpost Kappa, I'll need a Storyteller prop theater set up. I have a natural 'ridge' right by the shuttle that can be arranged (with the right props) to accommodate chairs and an adequate stage. Personally, I would prefer one small very difficult PvE battle than PvP or a large PvE battle. I'm thinking 10 CL 90 bosses, or fewer depending on turnout.

We have to remember turnout was very low last year compared to the year before. That's another question we have to face. I would recommend either Nov. 19 or Dec. 3, evening. Thanksgiving weekend sucks.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Good suggestions Osar. I do agree we could use a PvE storyteller battle for sure.

I also agree with Amodeus that we shouldn't over-saturate it with too many NPC's though -- primarily for lag reasons.

I think PvP duels are a potential, but I'm usually not good at organizing those.

I can also introduce a number of prizes, including the YT-2400 deed you mentioned.

Also, November 19th could work. We'd need to start advertising soon though if we want it to happen then. I would prefer either the 26th or 27th, after Thanksgiving though. It is Thanksgiving weekend, but I think we should consider it. December 3rd could work too -- though I would prefer the 19th to that.

But yes, by all means we can have this happen in Outpost Kappa. On the 23rd I may consider a brief event for the guild, a lottery or something.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Well I can help in setting up the duel tournament if you do decide to have one. I was making suggestions so that we don't under do things either. I have heard of events happening that was under estimated and the turn out was larger than expected. At any rate that's all the ideas I have for the celebration. I am gonna be gone for my weekend drill, good luck and hope you guys think of something.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:56 pm

I do agree, we can get Crazygun to help organize any PvP activities if we decide to do that.

As far as a date is concerned, I hope to make a final decision on that either tomorrow or Saturday, and then begin preliminary advertising shortly after. It's best to give enough notice, but I'm leaning towards November 19th at the moment.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Okay, the 19th probably won't work out for me personally.

So I think if we must, we should do this on December 3rd. I would still preferably do this on the 26th or 27th, but if you simply cannot attend to help organize the event during those days, just let me know.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:17 pm

If it is late enough in the evening on the 26th or 27th, I can attend. I will be at my sister's house for Thanksgiving Dinner, I will be back later on that evening. Personally, I would say try doing it the day before like the 22nd or even that prior Sunday the 21st, nothing wrong with an early celebration.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:24 pm

I still support the 3rd, simply because I believe that turnout will be better than on Thanksgiving weekend. We also need a high RID turnout as well.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Okay, well lets make it final -- The 3rd of December it is!

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:16 am

So, what's on the agenda?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:16 am

Well, if you're able to help organize it in Kappa, the plan is still to do it there.

I propose maybe getting things started during the Friday evening... maybe 8 or 9 eastern, or earlier or later if you feel there's a more optimal time.

We can also plan on how to design the stage and city. I'd be open to delivering a short speech about RID, and others can do the same if they like.

And we can also work on a short story for a Rebel attack on the city perhaps.

Other than that, we could also carry out other activities if needed. Could launch fireworks (got some Empire Days one left), as well as possible fishing/dancing, etc. Typical things for various celebrations.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:17 pm

I'm working with Tisrag on getting a stage setup (if he hasn't contacted you for zoning rights already). I would recommend 9 PM, simply to make it easier on PST attendees.

I'm not sure where you want to stage the 'attack' from; the north and west are covered with houses, which is where the stage would be. Unless you put them about 500m out, which is another option, but a bit of a drive. Of course, you could just put everything in another corner of the city.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:43 pm

Okay sounds good. I can also get in touch with Tisrag.

9 PM should work as well.

As for the attack, perhaps a shuttle or two can land, "dropping off" some NPC's?

Not sure, but tomorrow I'll scout the city and get familiarized with its layout.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:40 pm

And this weekend I'll finally put together some advertisement material and put it here for advice.

Things have been a bit busy lately due to school, but starting full out advertisement this weekend should give plenty of time for people to prepare.