Changing History

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Re: Changing History

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 am

Tziena simply responded that she was addressing the issue with Darillius. Otherwise, I got the same response from Darillus as you got.

In response, I posted (this time spelling Kashyyyk right... I think :P ):

Greetings,

Thanks for taking the time to address this issue.

To answer your first question, about the redundancy. I will go ahead and describe the break-down of the private sections on http://www.RidBoard.com. Essentially, on those forums, the private sections consist of areas for OOC in-game discussions, and mostly OOC events, such as PvP activities, heroics, etc. We also have a section there where members agree to make exchanges for goods, sort of like a trade forum. We also have a general any topic section for our members.

So essentially, the discussions that are carried out in the private areas of http://www.RidBoard.com are not well suited for the Empire forums. We feel it would be wasteful to fill out new threads in the private sections here, about trading goods, or mostly OOC events. While we do have a public roleplay discussion section on http://www.RidBoard.com, it is used in a limited capacity, and is mostly there to inform RID members that a RID section on SSG Empire exists.

Furthermore, while all members of RID are supportive of guild roleplay, not all of them are active roleplayers themselves. Therefore, there are those who may prefer to use http://www.RidBoard.com on a greater capacity than SSG Empire. We feel it to be an internal decision to ensure that all play-styles in RID are cared for.

As for RID's leadership, the essential breakdown is this. Officially, it is me as the Guild Leader, with members Amodeus, Jathox, Osar and P'nub on the Council. Amodeus and Jathox organize the vast majority of roleplay operations in RID, though all four are responsible and supportive of each other. As far as I know, all of them have access to the private RID sections here on SSG Empire. Other individuals, such as Demens and Kentt', make active use of the SSG Empire forums as well. Both have maintained positive standings with the community.

Lastly, we absolutely give word that the forums used here will not be used as a platform to grief or harass other community members. While I cannot speak for others people's opinion of us, RID has always fought hard to prevent griefing in this community. We took an active stance in helping Mos Carova when OWNZ was taking them over, and we've always showed support for Crimson Ridge when that was abruptly destroyed by its mayor.

Thanks again for addressing this with Tziena, and if you have any other questions for us, don't hesitate to let us know!

Sincerely,
Lexx Yovel -- Leader of RID & Mayor of Fort Oasis, Tatooine
Hel'mut Yovel -- Alt & Militia at Outpost Kappa, Kashyyyk ((Talus))

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:43 am

We took an active stance in helping Mos Carova when OWNZ was taking them over

lol, Tziena was the first one to say that we didn't do anything. She's a PitA, probably worse than the other two (Darillius and Laryssa).

But, yes, you did spell Kashyyyk right. ;)

I sent Jath a PM about board access, directing him to this thread. Boy, is he in for a treat.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Hah, well that's certainly a shame that she thinks that.

And yes, Jathox will have much fun here! I think we're gonna make a shift from smoking cigars here though to smoking shishas... we need it.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:26 pm

Indeed!