Last Idea for the Month from me (Osar)....LIFE DAY

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Re: Last Idea for the Month from me (Osar)....LIFE DAY

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:32 am

Yeah, naturally RP'ers will gravitate towards RP event, PvE'ers towards PvE activities, and PvP'ers towards PvP activities. Yet unlike RP'ers who have to look towards RP events for a lot of RP scenarios, PvE'ers and PvP'ers can find their "fix" on their own time, without having to rely on many planned events.

Unfortunately, as you say, these sorts of social events get the shaft; and, that is to me rather unfortunate, as I do like planning for and organizing these types of events. However, it wasn't always the case that these sorts of things struggled. We used to hold social events in Fort Oasis regularly, and while the attendance wasn't always huge, there would usually be a modest attendance from RID and other Starsidians. However, I think this was back when we had Issele in the guild, and she did wonders when it came to enticing people to come to events.

I think the fact of the matter is, and I spoke about this to Osar in-game, is that it is a motivation and activity issue. Activity, in that we lack the laeger number of active members that we used to have; and motivation, in that many may not feel obligated to attend. Their thinking may be, "well if I don't attend, they won't know the difference. Other members can go." Of course, if all members think that, there simply isn't an event.

However, as I've said before, I do really appreciate you taking the initiative to plan this event Osar. It's true, it may be unlikely to reschedule the event for some other time this week, as we're getting closer to Christmas time, but the Life Day festivities will last into January.

So we could always try to do something in early January. It probably won't involve the Life Day gifts you get from the tree, but it could be a general celebration.

If we find more people like Prace, who are really interested in attending these sorts of things, there is still yet hope! So in the meantime, keep positive, and keep the ideas coming if you have any.

PS: Speaking of Prace, I'm not sure if you've had the chance to speak to him yet Amodeus, but he's one of our newer recruits. He says he'd like to get more involved in RP, particularly Stormtrooper RP. I gave him a Stormtrooper suit already, but perhaps later you can speak to him if you'd like to help him get more involved.

And on another random note, I sent P'nub a mail in-game. So hopefully he'll start getting on this forums a bit more XD

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:34 pm

LexxYovel wrote:And on another random note, I sent P'nub a mail in-game. So hopefully he'll start getting on this forums a bit more XD

The only thing I have to add to that is, I will believe it when I see it. Sorry to be so pessimistic about that, but that's just me.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Yep, I actually was talking with Jathox in guild chat, when Prace joined in. I sent him to SSG-E and got him all set up there. He has potential.