Changing History

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Re: Changing History

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:00 pm

That's some very good insight Osar. It's making me think that he still really is lying.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Here is something else for you. Ask him if he knows his allotment space for the server, if he can't answer the question you know he is pulling that bandwidth thing outta his a**. That would show he is only saying this for face and doing this for malicious reasons himself. He has no need for this, I would say to him he is killing our current application for RP. This forum is for guild, that one is for RP.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:14 pm

The other option we have is to petition Tziena, the admin and the one who pays for SSG.

Jathox was right though, she does carry weight on SSG (not in the "RP community", only SSG, among the 'establishment RPers'). Darillius is another one that carries weight amongst the establishment RPers. If you asked 90% of Starsider's RPers who Darillius was, they couldn't tell you. Gah, this pisses me off.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Tziena

When petitioning her, I would recommend telling her the *whole* story. I would go so far as to say that Laryssa's intentionally digging up the past. Also mention that you write the OOC History in a quasi-IC form, "influencing" can be taken a few different ways, etc, etc. Honestly, play the victim card yourself. Call Darillius upon his claims;

Especially if you consider that this Imperial community has enough to struggle for as it is without the danger of its interior.

So let's leave it at that as a moment of learning.

If he actually believes this then why is RID being chased out like a witch?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Lol yeah. One minute he's citing RID as some sort of evil demon that's threatening the stability of Imperial RP'ers, next he's saying it's a "lesson."

And Osar, I think I might just go ahead and send him those messages, simply querying for information.

However, it seems like most of the hope lies with Tziena, so I'll be sure to tell her the complete, unbiased story before my trip.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:08 pm

Mind sharing a copy of what you send to Tziena?

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 am

Yes please do leave a copy here or in our PM's, I am not much for RP mainly because I can't. I do how ever do not like being told that our guild is being banned based on false ideas and beliefs. I also believe that that those forum is an essential part for our RP community to keep it growing and he killing is it cause of bandwidth???? I have heard of some bogus reasons in my life time for a great deal of things, but that right there has no cause other than his own malicious agenda in my opinion.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:47 am

Well, as expected, here's Darillius' response in regards to bandwidth. I still need to draft the message to Tziena, but I'll be sure to post that here for your viewing pleasure :P

Darillius' response:

You'll have to ask Tzi for any server specifics. Whether RID's boards here are of any impact or not doesn't really matter, I'm only enforcing policy to which there can be no exceptions or special cases. I on the other hand would like to know what that other guild is that you mentioned of having its own forums elsewhere as well. Again, this is by no means a gesture from me telling RID isn't welcome here.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:51 am

Might always want to mention that we've always linked to our forums as well (See: Recruitment posting). In fact, when I applied for forums at SSG-Empire, I'm *almost* certain that I specified we were direct our RPers to SSG and non-RPers to our main forums.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:15 pm

This is my hopefully "not-too-epicly-long" PM to Tziena. Hopefully it covers just about everything that needs to be said in the best way possible, but perhaps you can also hit her up some messages as well Amodeus, filling in any holes.

Hello there Tziena,

First, I just want to thank you for taking the time to read this.

I am writing this message, because Darillius has brought it to our attention that RID's private sections on SSG Empire Message Board will be removed in less than two weeks -- meaning we will just have the public section on this board.

His reasoning is that we already have forums at www.RidBoard.com, which we had since 2004. Obviously, this has come as a bit of an abrupt surprise for us, because we had private sections here on SSG since at least February 14th, well after we have had our official RID forum.

Darillius claims that having private sections here on SSG would be a waste of bandwidth, and thus money, as we already have private sections on www.RidBoard.com. Yet, when queried, he was not able to tell me the allotted space for the server. This shows that he cannot prove that bandwidth will be that great of an issue. If anything, the bandwidth used by our two small private sections most likely negligible, especially since we hardly have that many screenshots.

Furthermore, Darillius feels that having two forums is pointless. Yet this is a personal decision, as we feel it is imperative to have forums for roleplayers, and forums for more OOC discussions.

Darillius claims that it is official policy not to have forums elsewhere, yet this was not a problem back in February. It is only being brought to our attention after Laryssa made a post about us in the public section of the SSG Imperial forums. In this thread, Laryssa dug up a guild history thread posted publicly on our forums. In this thread, she cited a small section of the history which claims that we were "considering influencing the guild NAVY." She and a few others, including Darillius, saw this as extremely unethical on behalf of RID. We could not blame them completely, but they have viewed this as purely OOC musings. Our history thread is written "quasi-IC" so to speak, so "influencing" could mean a variety of different things, including actual roleplay situations.

You may be wondering why I am bothering you about this. The answer is because of the timing. After Laryssa inappropriately brought up something against RID written over the summer, and posted in August in rough draft form, Darillius is now suddenly announcing the revocation of RID's private section, after he made a closing statement in that very thread accusing RID of "threatening the interior of Imperial RP." We find this to be a very perplexing, drastic claim to make against RID, especially since we have always tried our best to help the roleplaying community at large.

Though Darillius denies that our alleged plans to "influence" Navy (written in a quasi-In Character format) are his reasons for revoking our private access, we cannot help but find it highly suspect that it is playing a role in his judgment.

So if you could please reconsider having RID's private access removed from these forums, we would greatly appreciate it. RID wants nothing more but to aid the Empire and its roleplaying community as best it can. We are also under the firm belief that the SSG Empire should grow, not shrink, lest one wishes to limit roleplaying possibilities on Starsider. Even if it is an official rule not to have forums elsewhere, we ask to please have an exception in this case. It would be one thing if these forums were new to us, but they have been our home for nearly a year now!

I know this message was quiet long, so I thank you again for reading, and look forward to hearing back from you!

Thank you,
Lexx Yovel -- Leader of the Regal Imperial Defenders & Mayor of Fort Oasis, Tatooine
Hel'mut Yovel -- Alternate Character & Militia at Outpost Kappa, Kashyyuk ((Talus))

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:40 pm

You misspelled Kashyyyk. ;)

But other than that, it sounds great. It's very likely she'll simply say, "Take it up with Darillius," but, like I mentioned before, it couldn't hurt to ask.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:48 pm

Only suggestion I can make after this is to remove our thread completely and do what we can in finding another similar forum. I know it sounds like irrational to do such a thing, but to me if this happens it shows that RID is not welcomed there and why should we remain in a place where we are not welcomed? I hate to think like that, but if you think about it it kinda makes some sense. I know to you it is not rational, so that is why I am saying this as a suggestion.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Arev Post subject: To Osar, Chiquita, and future CouncilmenPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:17 am
Colonel

If it isn't too much trouble, please register on the SSG Empire forums and let me know your handles, so I can add you to the RID group granting you access to the hidden forums. Even if you don't RP, I would still recommend keeping in touch with activities and all that good stuff. Thanks!

Osar Post subject: Re: To Osar, Chiquita, and future CouncilmenPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Lance Corporal

Same user name as here on this forum. Keeping it simple.

Arev Post subject: Re: To Osar, Chiquita, and future CouncilmenPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:27 am

Colonel

Approved! Thanks.

Osar Post subject: Re: To Osar, Chiquita, and future CouncilmenPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Lance Corporal

Thank you and you are welcome. I will do my best to visit it when I can.

This look fimilar to you Amodues? Oddly enough when I just tried to log in it told me I do not exsist in that forum....any ideas?

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:03 am

Lexx, you logged in but didn't mention anything about a response from Laryssa. For shame, for shame.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:27 pm

You mean Tziena?

No response so far :(