Seventh Anniversary Advertisement -- Input Needed!

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Re: Seventh Anniversary Advertisement -- Input Needed!

Post by Arev » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Na, I'm good. I added you to the Furball's admin.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Okay, here's a draft of my speech. Let me know if you think anything should be added, changed, or removed. It's pretty much a re-hash of past speeches.

Greetings everyone!

On behalf of Amodeus, the Administrator of Outpost Kappa, and all other members of the Regal Imperial Defenders, I would just like to say that we are honored to have you join us here today.

For we are not gathered here today to only celebrate our organization’s anniversary, but to also celebrate the allies who gave us strength through the many years of challenges we had to face.

It has been a long while since RID has begun its humble days at Fort Oasis on Tatooine, but we’re delighted to still be around today, working with many of those same friends and allies.

We eagerly look towards the future, and hope to continue doing our best to assist the Empire as best we can – whether it is on our founding planet Tatooine, Naboo, Lok, or here on Talus.

We rest assured that our journey is only beginning! And just as you have joined us here today, we would be honored to have you be a part of that future.

Thank you. Long Live the Empire, and may you enjoy the festivities!

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:17 pm

By the way, who's setting up the stage? Me, you, someone else? Whatever the case may be works, just want to be sure :P

I do plan to help set up other venues though around the city if needed.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:10 am

Funny you should mention that, because Tisrag isn't able to make it, so, no one is.

The speech could be longer, maybe add a blurb or two about how this year was one of the harder years for RID, but we're still growing, still continuing the legacy of the Empire. Maybe mention something about how former RID members will always be apart of the the RID family and have gone to other leadership roles in various communities on Starsider. I got a confirmation from Patryn (Caiyden), I'll forward to you in-game.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Okay good speech recommendations, I'll try fitting those in.

As for the stage, I can put one up if needed. I should be online soon to set up the vendor and some other storyteller venues.

I've also got fireworks, and I'll probably give those to members to help launch.

After the speech is finished, and the fireworks are launched, suddenly a Transport Shuttle will come in for landing, dropping off about 10 strong thug NPC's.

One of these NPC's will have an item on it, probably a Podracer Statue

Once they're almost dead, one final shuttle will land, dropping another 10 strong thug NPC's, plus a tough Black Sun Thug boss who will have an YT-2400 house deed on him.

Once they are defeated, the dancing and celebrating will begin.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Yay! Sounds good. I should be online about 30-60 minutes before things begin to set down the ST props, get changed, etc.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Sadly, I may have to log just before 10 as well.

However, everything should pretty much be well on its own after the speech and attack.

I can just issue our the fishing rewards tomorrow.

But it's not certain. I may be able to stay on till 11, but in any case we should try to do the speech and attack as soon as we can after 9 (once everyone's gathered).

I set up most the props. If you see anything you'd like to change, feel free to do so.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:58 am

I hate to have had to postpone this anniversary, especially after having spent all that time setting up the stage, but tonight was simply not working.

Group assignment, followed by a brief 9 PM playtime before I had to leave.

Had the turnout been a bit higher, I probably wouldn't have canceled though.

I will personally write to those who attended, and inform them of a rescheduling.

I think next Sunday would work, but Saturday could work as well. I'll make more of an effort to individually contact various leaders via tells. I did send lots of mails, but that may not have done the trick.

In any case, we'll get it done!