:( if DC players get items, we should get items!!

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Mr.Avatar
Corporal
:( if DC players get items, we should get items!!

Post by Mr.Avatar » Thu May 05, 2011 11:13 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fas ... _blog.html

SOE has also outlined the plan to compensate players of its DC Universe Online game — in addition to 30 days of subscription credit and being compensated for days the network is down, players will also get a Batman-inspired mask when the game is up again.
Acknar/Prolevik

Xoseh
Major

Re: :( if DC players get items, we should get items!!

Post by Xoseh » Thu May 05, 2011 1:54 pm

As much as I would appreciate an in-game reward.. the free game time is plenty for me. I'm sure that the devs for DC Universe decided that it would only be fair to give them an in-game item, since from what I can tell and from what I've heard, they havent had too many major problems like this over there. For all we know, SWG's dev's have been working on improving game updates so they can come out sooner and faster (because technically, as far as I know, the developers of SWG are not the ones responsible to check out data and information for the security breach, but I could be completely wrong. I would think the Sony company themselves are the ones responsible). That might be their gift to us, along with 37 something days worth of free game time. I wouldn't mind quicker and better game updates coming out. More content = more fun. :)

I just want to be sure that SOE will have a vast improvement on their security system (and Sony as a whole) so this doesn't happen again. I don't like being at risk of having my personal information stolen. :P

If they DID decide to give us an item, what do you think it would be?

I would want them to re-add the Trooper Compainions for players. While some of us still have our original troopers, it would add new flavor to things. Seeing the towering AT-ST on the battlefield again would be pretty cool. I'm not *too sure* about this one, but weren't AT-AT's compainion pets in the very beginning? Not too sure, didn't play that early on. That would be a real treat. >.>

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Thu May 05, 2011 4:53 pm

i miss the trooper pets and AT-AT.s It would be cool if they added them as part of city invasion where they are ridable by the player much like HOTH.
Acknar/Prolevik

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Thu May 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Indeed. When/if the servers ever come up (lol) we should get a hoth group going.

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Fri May 06, 2011 12:58 pm

sounds fun,
Acknar/Prolevik

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Fri May 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Only problem is, I lag out the entire first phase of the instance, lol. :( Whatever, hopefully since I'll soon be getting a job, i can scrape some money out of my paychecks for a new PC without my fiance realizing. :)

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Fri May 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Xoseh wrote:Only problem is, I lag out the entire first phase of the instance, lol. :( Whatever, hopefully since I'll soon be getting a job, i can scrape some money out of my paychecks for a new PC without my fiance realizing. :)

LOL good luck on that, they notice every thing, and I mean EVERYTHING.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Sat May 07, 2011 12:09 am

I've unfortunately realized this, lol.

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Sat May 07, 2011 2:02 pm

you'll have to secretly rebuild a new pc in the old case, that might be the only way, but it will take years to syphon enough money out of the bank w/o her knowledge, you'll just have to man up and beg and grovel for a new one.
Acknar/Prolevik

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sat May 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Mr.Avatar wrote:you'll just have to man up and beg and grovel for a new one.

I hate to admit it, but he is right. Only other option is to say you had more money taken out on some thing like an insurance policy or something like that or do as Prolevik/Acknar says.