What SW;TOR class are you going to be? what faction?

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Mr.Avatar
Corporal
What SW;TOR class are you going to be? what faction?

Post by Mr.Avatar » Thu May 05, 2011 10:34 am

For some reason the Bounty hunter just looks bad ass, but so does some of the jedi stuff, just the BH is sticking out for me.
Acknar/Prolevik

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: What SW;TOR class are you going to be? what faction?

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu May 05, 2011 10:39 am

If I were on Republic, I'd be a Trooper.
If Sith Empire, I'd go with either Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Thu May 05, 2011 11:23 am

I too would probably choose Imperial Agent or Inquisitor. I havent really been following it as of late, so I don't know if they updated/removed classes. I'm very excited to try it. I mean I'm sure I'll try out whatever Lightsaber weilding class they have in the game, but I'm going to try to stay away from a lightsaber in TOR. (That will fail in the end, lol.)

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Thu May 05, 2011 12:37 pm

I'll probably try them all till i find a fav, but i havent found anything as to how many characters you get.
Acknar/Prolevik

vilem72

Post by vilem72 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Probably I would test the bounty hunter, but I strongly doubt, i'll stick with SW-TOR. For sure, the graphics, gameplay and characters are better, but I miss the classic elements from Episode IV to VI. Besides, it reminds me kind of WoW. Nothing for an nostalgic SWgamer.

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Thu May 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Well having Played most of Biowares games, i really cant make any conection with WoW. The Story driven elements will be untouched by any MMO out there. Bioware uses a skill based system for all their games, so i can expect some skill trees to make the classes different within them selves, and im not talking 2 different skill tree's, there will probably be upwards of 6 or more just from past experience with them.

Unfortunately EA had to get there greedy hands on them, and that usualy never ends well. But if Anyone can survive it, it should be bioware. but we will see.
Acknar/Prolevik

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu May 05, 2011 2:57 pm

I too am not hugely invested into playing SWTOR. It looks good for what it's trying to do, and I'll probably try it, and would like to get a RID guild formed, but I think my heart will stay with SWG.

I just like the open gameplay elements that SWG has to offer, like player cities, traders, open space systems, etc. However, I really did like both KOTOR games, and would love to carry out the story in SWTOR. Who knows, we'll see what happens.

However, keep in mind I don't think you can switch professions in the middle of the game. Once you choose a profession, you're stuck with it for good, but I think they allow specialization changes *within* the profession (like switching between the commando and vanguard specializations of trooper).

Also not sure if you can have more than 1 character per server.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Thu May 05, 2011 4:10 pm

LexxYovel wrote:I too am not hugely invested into playing SWTOR. It looks good for what it's trying to do, and I'll probably try it, and would like to get a RID guild formed, but I think my heart will stay with SWG.

I just like the open gameplay elements that SWG has to offer, like player cities, traders, open space systems, etc. However, I really did like both KOTOR games, and would love to carry out the story in SWTOR. Who knows, we'll see what happens.

However, keep in mind I don't think you can switch professions in the middle of the game. Once you choose a profession, you're stuck with it for good, but I think they allow specialization changes *within* the profession (like switching between the commando and vanguard specializations of trooper).

Also not sure if you can have more than 1 character per server.

So it would be like World of Warcraft basically. You pick Warlock, but need to stay it your entire gaming career. But if you want to change the subclass (Demonology, Destruction, Affliction), you need to pay to respec your "talent points"

That's a pretty cool way to go about it.

I don't know too much about if it's one character per server or what. But if it is one character per server, I can't see that staying around too long. People are going to want to test all the professions/classes/whatever they're called without having to start over on another server or delete the character they really want to stick with. Who knows though.

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Fri May 06, 2011 2:52 pm

I seriousely doubt the 1 character, only game to ever do it was SWG, and when the NGE was forced, we were given the second charachter slot as compensation for not being able to swicth proffesions any more, but the playebase made it known that wasnt enough, so the Respec NPC was made. as far as i know SWG is the only game to offer this. Would be nice if more did it, but then again most games give you 6-8 character slots, so you can usualy have 1 of each class.
Acknar/Prolevik

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri May 06, 2011 3:09 pm

Yeah you're right. The NGE forced the implementation of a second character slot because we couldn't make hybrid professions... so long Master Squad Leader *and* Master Rifleman.

However, I still have doubts that SWTOR will have more than 1 character slot per server. They made it seem like once you complete a character's story, you would need to re-roll to try another profession or faction.

I think WoW and other games don't really have more than 1 character slot per server if I'm not mistaken. But it could simply be too early to tell. They may not have decided what they want to do quite yet.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Fri May 06, 2011 3:17 pm

LexxYovel wrote:I think WoW and other games don't really have more than 1 character slot per server if I'm not mistaken.

WoW allows for 10 characters per server :P for a maximum of 50 characters. So you could do 10 characters on 5 servers, 5 characters on 10 servers, 1 character on 50 servers, etc. lol.

Aside from Guild Wars, (which ultimately as far as I know allows for unlimited characters per account as long as you buy more character slots), WoW offers the most character slots available to the gaming world today.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri May 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Oh lol, I stand corrected :P

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Fri May 06, 2011 8:32 pm

From what I can see of the game, it will almost like COV/COH, you run story lines and lvl up that way. And you can do what ever side you like, but you can't cross over unless you are in a pvp zone or something like that.

Aleemah

Post by Aleemah » Tue May 10, 2011 10:44 am

I myself was planning on playing Sith, though I'm still unsure as to what class I will play. I've truthfully focused more on the races than anything else. New races get added to classes here and there, so... I'll likely start off by playing whichever Sith race gets twi'lek.

If that doesn't happen though (Which will make me very, very sad, I love my lekku :( ), I was looking at either Bounty Hunter or Sith Inquisitor. Possibly Imp Agent.

Also, for all of you interested in roleplaying, I do suggest we try and coordinate where we go. I'd like for us all, if possible, to end up on the same server that me and a lot of my friends end up on. I more or less have an entire legion of RPers from WoW (Good RPers, mind you, very, very good) planning on making the change to TOR, most of them being avid Star Wars or KOTOR fans, so, if possible, I'd want to try and merge the groups.

Also, if SOE doesn't bring their stuff back up soon I swear I'm going to cry. I've been stuck playing WoW for the past two weeks and I just miss SWG...

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue May 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Aleemah wrote:Also, if SOE doesn't bring their stuff back up soon I swear I'm going to cry. I've been stuck playing WoW for the past two weeks and I just miss SWG...

I know how you feel, I want to play.