Metroid Prime 3 Video Review

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Ri'Me
Metroid Prime 3 Video Review

Post by Ri'Me » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:11 am

For anyone interested in this game, here's a video review from Gametrailers. (9.6/10 overall score)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq8PDosKyEQ

Looks like I'll be getting this game Friday... can't wait to see if it really is the best controlling first person game ever as this and other review sites state. They also finally added voice acting! And hey, the graphics are pretty sick too for a Wii game.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:56 pm

Moved to the GAT forum.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:29 pm

I'm interested in hearing your impression after you've bought it, Ri'me. I saw it played at E3 and I was kind of on the fence.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:19 pm

I'm only about an hour into the game so far but it's pretty awesome. The controls take a bit to get used to; I started off with the advanced sensitivity settings but once they settle down, the turning and aiming is pretty spot-on, and the motion sensing actions for activating switches and pulling levers are just about perfect. I'm finding the advanced settings to be a little too sensitive, might change them back. Even so, this is definately the smoothest controlling FPS on the Wii yet.

For a Wii game the graphics are pretty incredible. Definately a step up from Metroid Prime 1 and 2 and really show what the Wii is capable of. When you activate your scan visor you can see the reflection of Samus in the visor which is pretty cool. There's all kinds of bloom lighting and nice texture work, better than previous games and definately a notch above last-gen systems. Character models are good as well. It's definately the game you'd want to show people who are on the fence about the Wii's graphics. The voice acting is pretty good, cut scenes and all that are done well. Gonna have to play the game a bit more but so far it's impressive.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:00 am

I got this game - its pretty awesome but I'm not a huge fan of the way you turn (edge tracking). It takes some getting used to. The other thing is when I lock in I always forget to aim, because in the previous games you didn't have to.

FYI You could see Samus's reflection in the first game too. I think it was whenever there was a flash of light (lightning, explosion, etc).

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:44 am

Monthigos wrote:I got this game - its pretty awesome but I'm not a huge fan of the way you turn (edge tracking). It takes some getting used to. The other thing is when I lock in I always forget to aim, because in the previous games you didn't have to.

FYI You could see Samus's reflection in the first game too. I think it was whenever there was a flash of light (lightning, explosion, etc).

Yeah but in this game you see her reflection all the time while in scanner mode which is really cool, and her eyes track your movements realistically. And if you want you can turn off free look while using the auto-aim feature, I find looking around freely much better than just using standard auto aiming though since you can stay locked on to a creature while blasting another. The overall aiming does take some getting used to, but once you get in the groove, trust me, you won't want to touch another dual analog FPS ever again. It sounds cheesy but it's true. You can change the bounding box sensitivity in the options menu.. I recommend using the advanced settings if you haven't already, takes some getting used to but it's much faster to look around. Took me a couple hours or so to really get used to the controls but once you do you'll be flying through the game blasting stuff with ease.