Hey

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Hey

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:24 pm

wednesday going to meps hotel!
Apathy is Death.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:58 pm

wow, congrats man, gl to you.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:15 pm

thanks hopefully murphy's law doesn't interfere with me...
Apathy is Death.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:49 pm

LOL oh it's gonna interfere, but not in the way you think. You are gonna get in with no trouble, when you realized the mistake you made, that's when you say crap how can I get out and then here comes murphy's law. LOL

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:16 am

lol yeah it already happened the 1st time i was in...i'm a RE3 and my waiver got approved and everything took like a while to get everything squared away...my recruiter didn't know how to process me since i also have a GED and since i was in before (failed basic after getting a cough and not being able to pass the apft i was there for like 11 weeks) so at first he was like 'youre gonna need to retake the asvab' then he was like 'no ur scores are good' then he was going to process me as a non-prior then he was like wait no i gotta put u in the GED list and u gonna need to wait, so i waited and came off the list, then the MEPS isnt taking hometown physicals no more so my meps date got delayed for a week and i gotta retake the physical down there which sucks because that means i'll be there all damn day for sure. and to make things better my recruiter's having someone else take me down because his ex is up and causing drama so he won't be there at all. so i'm at the college library cause my girl has the car and is in class right now so i gotta walk 2 miles to the armory lol.

They let me pick a ship date from what i've been told it can be a year out, so i'll do that and get promoted while in recruit sustainment program (similar to DEP or the new Future Soldiers program that regular army and reserves have). to get promoted to e2 i need to pass a pt test which shouldn't be that bad i can pass the pushups and situps already so gonna take like 3 weeks of running to pass the whole thing. and then if i can get a referal i'll get to pfc. but eh who knows, unless it's on paper by the time i ship to basic, i'll be an E1. the unit i'm going with is shipping out in november for a year, so i'll be back from basic the time they are supposed to be returning home, so i may or may not miss out on the deployment.

oh yeah another thing, i'll be in the same unit as the recruiter.
Apathy is Death.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:46 am

Lol, wow that really sucks, idk if i would go through all that trouble if i was you. My thought would be just let me go. Only bad thing I can see is if you go in as PFC, this is just my opinion from when I was in, is that the DS will be harder on you because they will say, "Hey this guy has time in, so let's get him". In anycase, gl to you and hope you get what you want.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:34 pm

i want them to be hard on me.
Apathy is Death.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:35 pm

down at meps hotel! :)
Apathy is Death.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:10 pm

LOL well gl to you and hope you do well, better you than me right now. Anyways, have fun and hope to see you in game when you get done.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:31 am

made it through meps...basic training as one of the first scouts down as fort benning august 9th!
Apathy is Death.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Cool, BTW, Welcome to Hell...I live here, I should know. It's gonna be a long hot sticky days of training, you may wind up SandHill the current training spot for all that come here or you might go out to the new spot out on Harmany Church. Anyway it goes, you will feel the heat and humidty with no chance of wind blowing your way. It's a bowl of a Valley here so no good wind will be around, unless a tornado hits.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:22 pm

sounds more fun than lost in the woods!
Apathy is Death.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:23 pm

LOL, I guess you can look at like that. At least you can go to Airborne and Ranger schools here.

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:27 am

Oh noes!
Acknar/Prolevik

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:08 am

3 weeks away!
Apathy is Death.