The Official E3 Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:30 pm

Honestly I don't care I thought it was cool and I still wanna get Halo 3 when it comes out.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:43 pm

I'm just sad Square-Enix has decided to leave Final Fantasy XIII and Kingdom Hearts 3 at home. I hope they are just waiting for the Tokyo Game Show. The TGS makes me feel kind of bad for the media members who have to attend both events.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:54 pm

Did you hear about the Konami press event? It's too late to explain now, but I'll explain later if you don't stumble upon an article about it.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:30 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Did you hear about the Konami press event? It's too late to explain now, but I'll explain later if you don't stumble upon an article about it.

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. MGS4 looks good, not my type of game though. The trailer was completely badass. Kojima spoke in english which is pretty unusual. What happened?

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:14 am

Apparently, the press conference was portrayed as this big, huge kind of event. Turns out the conference started and then ended 15 minutes later, seemling unexpected by the press. I was reading a log written by Gamespot and they were saying how someone came out on stage and then said the event was over and he was like "WTF!?!?!?" Seemed kind of strange to hype up an event like that and then only to have it be 15 minutes long.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:01 am

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Apparently, the press conference was portrayed as this big, huge kind of event. Turns out the conference started and then ended 15 minutes later, seemling unexpected by the press. I was reading a log written by Gamespot and they were saying how someone came out on stage and then said the event was over and he was like "WTF!?!?!?" Seemed kind of strange to hype up an event like that and then only to have it be 15 minutes long.

ahh. I think a lot of people expected MGS4 gameplay. All they showed was a trailer that was showcased during the Sony conference.

Kalice- Master Architect

Lysao

Post by Lysao » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:11 pm

Yeah, i was hoping for some gameplay shots, but no dice i guess.... :(

still looks good in my opinion, as does assasins creed.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:50 pm

I just hope we get a little more coverage of the Games Convention and the Tokyo Game Show now that E3 is so small. Some developers chose to opt out of E3 or only showed a small amount of their games. There seemed to be some hint from Kojima about MGS4 being at TGS so maybe some gameplay. I'm probably the only one here who likes Square-Enix but they have chosen to show Final Fantasy XIII at TGS instead of E3.

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:40 pm

But the question is, will Final Fantasy go multiplatform???

Rumors still persist that MGS4 will, despite being dismissed by Sony, MS, and the game devs. I heard a new rumor today that it will be ported to the 360 a few months after its release by a separate dev team.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:42 pm

A better question!!!

Will it truely be the FINAL Fantasy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:45 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:A better question!!!

Will it truely be the FINAL Fantasy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

One can hope...

lol

Sorry, just never got into those games...

Please give me an automatic assault rifle and some 'nades and I'll be a happy camper in the gaming world!!!

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:05 pm

yeah... I'll take a battle rifle or one of those chain saw gun things from Gears of War...

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:10 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:yeah... I'll take a battle rifle or one of those chain saw gun things from Gears of War...

The Lancer is, hands-down, the best weapon ever created!!! I mean, a chainsaw attached to an automatic assault rifle!!! F***ING SWEET!!!

Sorry, I was having a moment...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:20 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:But the question is, will Final Fantasy go multiplatform???

Rumors still persist that MGS4 will, despite being dismissed by Sony, MS, and the game devs. I heard a new rumor today that it will be ported to the 360 a few months after its release by a separate dev team.

MGS4 will have at least an exclusive window before it launches on the 360. And this Final Fantasy will be exclusive to the PS3. I've never seen Square-Enix port a title and Final Fantasy XIII has already been in development for 2 years. This doesn't mean it won't come out later on the 360. I'm sure Microsoft would love to get the FF and KH fanboys on their console, which will always be cheaper than the PS3.

And no it won't be the final Final Fantasy. Unless the next game completely crashes Final Fantasy will probably be around when I die. You just don't end your flagship franchise when it garners so much support worldwide, especially in Japan.

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:39 pm

I know I've sen FF games on other consoles, but did Square port them or was it someone else?