New update from SOE

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Mr.Avatar
Corporal
New update from SOE

Post by Mr.Avatar » Wed May 04, 2011 1:52 pm

May 4, 2011

We want to thank you again for your patience as we work to get the SOE services back up and running. We received several questions and comments relating to the criminal attack to our network and would like to address some of the most common questions today. We are also going to continue to post updates to this website with new information as they become available.

We appreciate your continued patience and feedback.
Thank you,

Sony Online Entertainment
When will SOE's services be back online?
We have been working around the clock to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some of our games and services up and running soon. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we believe that the network is secure.

How is the SOE intrusion related to the PSN/Qriocity intrusion? Was this a second attack on SOE?
While the two systems are distinct and operated separately, given that they are both under the Sony umbrella, there is some degree of overlap in design. The attacks were similar in nature. This is NOT a second attack; new information has been discovered as part of our ongoing investigation into the criminal attack in April.

How is SOE planning to notify customers whose data may have been stolen?
We are sending out customer service notification emails to the email addresses we have on file for the accounts that were affected. These emails will be sent by Innovyx, our third party email distributor, and contained either 'soe.innovyx.net' or 'soe.sony.com' in the sender field.

SOE initially thought no data was extracted, what changed?
Essentially the perpetrators used sophisticated means not only to access the data, but also to cover their tracks. We committed to continue the investigation and in doing so, uncovered further information that we did not have when we initially believed the data was not stolen.
Last edited by Mr.Avatar on Wed May 04, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acknar/Prolevik

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Re: New update from SOE

Post by Mr.Avatar » Wed May 04, 2011 1:52 pm

Acknar/Prolevik

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Wed May 04, 2011 1:53 pm

MAN! Beat me to it. :P Thanks for the update.

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Wed May 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Xoseh wrote:MAN! Beat me to it. :P Thanks for the update.

its my job :P
Acknar/Prolevik

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Wed May 04, 2011 1:58 pm

My purpose has been taken from me! :'( Oh well, I'll find another!

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Wed May 04, 2011 2:11 pm

LOL nah, you can have the next one :P
Acknar/Prolevik

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Wed May 04, 2011 10:48 pm

As a goodwill gesture, Sony says it wil offer all customers a selection of downloadable content and 30 free days of its premium PlayStation Plus service." (I believe this is for PSN users)

"As compensation for the Sony Online Entertainment leak, Sony said that it will give all of its customers 30 days of additional subscription time, plus an extra day for each day the servers remain down". (For the PC players etc)

Source: Wired magazine.

Is it enough?

------------------------------------------------------------------

PSN has been down for 13 days? Who knows how long SOE will be down.....
Acknar/Prolevik