Annoying tech problem.

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Xoseh
Major
Annoying tech problem.

Post by Xoseh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:04 pm

So, today I must have crashed about 6 times now. If anyone could offer any insight into how to stop or fix these crashes, please tell me before I throw my computer out of a window.

All the game does is lag a little bit, then it crashes to desktop. Tells me nothing, shows me nothing, just a blank empty desktop. When I rerun the SWG Launcher, it tells me that a log has been sent and to run a full scan. I have run full scans 4/6 times. They fixed nothing.

Help please :(

Okay so as I was typing this out I was in the process of logging in again after the 6th crash. As the loading screen showed, and the game began to load, it instantly crashed for the 7th time.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: Annoying tech problem.

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:51 pm

That sucks. And just after I got my computer to work too!

I was gonna recommend a full scan, but I see you've done that plenty of times.

I'm not so sure what the problem is, but I'll research it a bit when I get the chance. Maybe a reinstall is in order, or there could be a simpler solution.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:15 am

You got my computer sick!

Yeah, I was thinking of reinstalling when I got home today. However, after taking a half hour break, it seemed to repair itself. Still not going to leave it to chance though.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Here is a thought for you, if you are running the old launcher there is a file you have to remove to get it to update to the newer file. I know this cause I had to do it myself awhile back. I forgot what file it was, but by removing it you cause the launcher to find the new file and update itself. One draw back is if you ask SOE they will want you to use the new station launcher, I really don't care for it cause of the memory it uses on my computer. If it is the new one SOE will gladly help cause they want their new stuff to be FLAWLESS.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:41 am

Yeah, I think it is the new launcher. It's the one that keeps showing me Star Wars Galaxies in the box on the topish left, blank news on the bottom, a random box of nothing on the middle right, and then CHECKING CHECKING CHECKING CHECKING Play on the top right.

Checking is annoying.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:19 pm

It's most likely you will need to remove that file I was refering to earlier, ask SOE tech support directly from the website. They have a better knowledge about what file you have that is currupted.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Alright, I will.

Thank you again! Osar

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sun May 01, 2011 6:49 pm

You are welcome.