Keep me logged in, damnit!

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Keep me logged in, damnit!

Post by Arev » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:58 am

Why does this forum like to boot me after a certain amount of time. It's annoying. /rage

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: Keep me logged in, damnit!

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:45 am

Yeah, it annoys me too, but it's a long story. Before I regail you with my wonderful tale though, see if clearing your cookies works -- if not, read on.

Basically, the whole PHPBB provider sent complaints that this RID forum was taking up way too much of their bandwith. Essentially, spambots from Russia and other Baltic states kept making attempts to get into the forums. PHPBB said, "enough," and disabled our forums until we could find a solution.

So after a bunch of hair-pulling, we redid a lot of the moderator controls to make it less easy for spambots to get in, and if I'm not mistaken, I think IP's from pretty much all of Russia have been blocked.

Ever since doing all this, PHPBB hasn't complained, and we now have our forums. Unfortunately, a byproduct of this is it seems auto-login doesn't work.

For now it may just be an inconvenience we'll have to deal with, but I'll look into the moderator panel and see if there's a way to get it to work.

Arev
Colonel

Re: Keep me logged in, damnit!

Post by Arev » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:13 pm

That sucks. Thanks for the help!