ZOMG! GU 8 is gonna Roxxorz your Boxxorz! *UPDATED*

A place for members to discuss anything pertaining to MMORPG development.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:31 pm

By the way, I'm going to go ahead and move this to the Gameplay discussion forums.

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:00 pm

This has been a long time coming. I still can't believe that they took out guild elections in the first place. When I returned to the game (right before I joined RID), I was still an "officer" of my old guild. Problem was, the leader was gone, and people just aren't going to join a guild that doesn't have a guild leader. So I used my "officer" powers and removed some people that had ticked me off while playing WoW (including the founder :p), then left the guild. I can't wait for him to try out SWG again and log on to the email that Mikal Zaitzev removed you from the guild, followed by another email from said Mikal Zaitzev with just one word...LOSER! Ok, I was kind of a spoilsport when it came to him, but he was a rebel, so he deserved it.
As far as the city stuff goes, I can guarantee you that somehow SOE is going to mess up the "limited" number of times that a mayor can save someones house. Basically it will be way too many times. I can see the mayor saving someones house that was in the military and had to deploy. Someone who just left the game on the other hand, take it down. It just goes into their datapad anyway. I however think that it should be pretty darn quick. As in, if you CANCEL your subscription, when it runs out, when the server loads the next time, no house or other structures. If the subscription isn't renewed due to a billing problem, give them two weeks, then tear the sucker down. It's high time that they realize that all those houses surrounding Mos Eisley are for the most part empty. Let other people move into there.