Character purge imminent

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Character purge imminent

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:33 pm

It appears character purging is imminent. Inactive players will have their homes redeeded into their datapad, with the items still technically in them.

This means we might have to do some more recruiting for Fort Oasis, but I'm not entirely worried it will be anything too harsh. We are at 111 citizens, and the needed citizen standing for metropolis is 85. That means we are 26 citizens over the needed requirement.

I am actually looking forward to this though, many of the new member dont have room in our city to put housing, and there are 2 inactive large houses near the guild hall that need to go boom.

bizob

Post by bizob » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:44 pm

wonder if "Casa de Bizob" will go poof? prolly not, i haven't been gone that long. it's about time they do a purge, it's way over due.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:03 pm

I wonder if my toon is safe from oblivian...

Oh well, doubt I'll come back anytime soon though. I only hang around here because everyone here is pretty cool and I've known some peeps here for over a year.

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:09 pm

Nice, hopefully a nice large space will open up for my mansion to go in :D

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:02 pm

Casa de Bizob might stay around for a bit, considering you just quit recently. I dont know if it actually deletes the toon or just their structures, so for Kurke, I'd count on any structures you owned to be placed in your datapad.

As for Gesro, you can bet there should be room. It will finnally allow me to fit more housing in Fort Oasis.

bizob

Post by bizob » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:08 pm

hey lexx, is our littie FO installation still standing?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:55 pm

You know... I'll have to get back to you on that. Not entirely sure. I'll check it out first thing when I log on.

Lexx

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:53 pm

Guess Nar Shadda will finally go bye bye.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:46 pm

RID has been constructing cities, so far we have two new cities by the name of Fort Ironwolf, Tatooine, and Fort Amerfole, Lok. Both are growing outposts, and there are still aspiring mayors who wish to start cities in the name of RID. I made a point towards RID not to construct any new cities untill the two new ones reach at least rank 3.

Perhaps someday when we decide to place a city on Dantooine we can find the same spot and make a new Nar Shadaa in its memory. So far RID has had bad luck with constructing new cities, I really hope Fort Ironwolf and Fort Amerfole stand. Many of the new mayors simply dont understand the dedication, knowledge, and credits needed to start a city. They often underestimate the work needed. I was one of those people when I started Fort Oasis; fortunately, I got lucky to say the least.

Back to the "house packing" thing. For those who wish to move to a different part of their world, all they need to do is select "pack home" on the home terminal. This puts the house deed in your datapad. It still takes up lots, and you need to pay for your home while it's still in your datapad. When you place your home again, the items stay *exactly* the way they were when you packed. This is a huge benefit for those who want to move without manually picking up their items and putting them in their inventory.

This also allows for people to take, say a merchant tent for example, and start a mobile business. It's pretty cool, especially since I might want to move my home to a different part of Fort Oasis someday. I never really did it because of the inconvenience.

Lexx

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:58 pm

Oh.... now they finally put something like that in the game.... *looks for a dev to shoot*

Well, for all I know, Shadda might actually be a memory by now. If they do the character purge, you can bet that it will be. Who knows, maybe if I ever get the cash and time, I might come back to play SWG. (Somehow, I managed to schedule Fridays off during my next semester, so that will free up some spare time). It would be really nice if SOE dropped the subscription fee a few bucks. I'd definitely consider coming back then. Just to manage a city or something. lol

Xan

Post by Xan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:08 pm

if the city is somewhat limited on space from terrain why the hell would you have ppl place large houses. should keep it smalls and mediums like thalnax

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:49 am

Thats what we want to have, but those two large houses have been there since the beginning, so I didn't really have any established organization plan back then.

Also, what I really feel sorry for Thalnax now is that you cannot put medium naboo homes tightly together anymore. That must be really hard to fill in the gaps in Thalnax.

Xan

Post by Xan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:31 am

we haven't placed any homes in thalnax and won't be until they fix it back to it's original way. So until then all ppl who want to place houses in a TIO city will be placing them in Imperia Gallaxium, which we bought from the owners about 5 days after i joined. So we own 2 cities of large size, gallaxium is either a metropolis or close to it.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:05 pm

Lexx 2 things first of all we have 2 more cities right well why don't we have a forum for each of those like we have Fort Oasis I'm curious about them. Secondly to get those cities bigger until more people fill them up people with extra lots could declare residence in those cities to keep them alive :mrgreen:

Waucod Meesman

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:39 pm

Xan wrote:we haven't placed any homes in thalnax and won't be until they fix it back to it's original way.

Yeah, I dont know why the Devs didn't go with the original idea. Allow the naboo houses to stick to one another, but allow there to be an invisible gap that you can walk through inbetween the two houses.

Xan wrote:So until then all ppl who want to place houses in a TIO city will be placing them in Imperia Gallaxium, which we bought from the owners about 5 days after i joined. So we own 2 cities of large size, gallaxium is either a metropolis or close to it.

Oh, thats awsome. Didn't know TIO bought Imperia Gallaxium. Thats city on Lok if I'm not mistaken, right?

Wacod wrote:Lexx 2 things first of all we have 2 more cities right well why don't we have a forum for each of those like we have Fort Oasis I'm curious about them. Secondly to get those cities bigger until more people fill them up people with extra lots could declare residence in those cities to keep them alive

I dont think it'd be smart to create a forum for each individual city. There'd be like 50 city forums. Fort Oasis Forums, despite its name, should be treated as a universal RID City forum. And I didn't understand that last sentence you wrote, could you specify on that?