Tax Cuts -> Tax Hikes -> Tax Bugged

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Tax Cuts -> Tax Hikes -> Tax Bugged

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:34 pm

Okay, lets start with the currenty taxes we have set...

Income- 2k
Property- 30%
Garage- 30%
Shuttle- 200
Sales- 0%

Lets start with this: All taxes but Income and Garage taxes are bugged. Let me list some info on each tax.

Income: Income tax is a'okay, and will be left at 2k per week.

Garage: Set at a maximum of 30%. Garage tax works as intended to my understanding, but is not the most used of facilities.

Now those above are the only ones that worked. Now lets hear about the bugged ones.

Shuttle: I geuss you could say this is *semi-bugged*. It collect money for the treasury from tickets, HOWEVER, it is almost impossible to change the shuttle ticket price without it being resetted the next server reset :x Which by the way, is very frusterating. I raised the shuttle price from 100 to 200 creds, but I would have to make this change everyday.

Sales: Bugged- does nothing- devs please fix!!!

Property: Used to work- devs broke- devs please fix!!! I lowered this tax from 50 to 30%. Although this doesn't matter as it doesnt work. I am leaving it at 30% for the heck of it. And it will fluctuate depending on projected tax income.

The projected tax income every week is this- Approximately 120k. Thats not a lot, but thanks to donations we can last a little while longer. I really pray that the devs please fix the taxes...
Last edited by Lexx Yovel on Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:40 pm

Curious, how much money are you bringing in from taxes and how much is your city maintenance???

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:57 pm

Our city costs a little less than 400k weekly. Our average projected income is around 120k+, and our current treasury ammount is about 900k-1mil. Enough to last us 2-3 weeks, but I will be dropping things like traners, improved job market or whatever if things get nasty. I sort of wish there was a way to pry money out of the base to put into Fort Oasis. Do we really need the base to be set for one year? :lol:

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:24 pm

The porblem with having that much money in the base is that if it goes poofy, you are out a lot of cash.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:46 pm

Btw, we can still cover all of our costs with just taxes!!!! lol

Of course, that is excluding the property tax bug. damn devs....

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:12 am

Yeah, but villiages are pretty good to maintain. It's just the right weekly payments. Your right, if the base goes poof... ouch. But I'm not too worried. We will do whatever in our power to have it stay for quite a while.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:04 pm

Is your income tax 1k or 2k???? You have conflicting amounts in your first post.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:46 pm

Woops, thanks for pointing that out, that was a typo :oops:

Got it edited now though.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:02 am

Lexx, the Nuke PhP version of these boards allows for an image security number be entered when ever someone logs in, as well as turning off the ability of guests to post. Not sure what your server situation or if upgrading is possible, but diff a way to get rid of most these annoying ad bots.

Cannar

Post by Cannar » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:03 am

Lol, it would also force lazy foos like me to actually register at boards I visit. the above guest post was me.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:42 pm

Yeah, I'll do more serious research about how to get rid of these things.

Thanks for the tips!

Theep

Post by Theep » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:50 pm

ok ive never had a house inside a city, and im unsure about how the housing works really. I know that when I used to play I lost money every hour and had to keep putting it into my house, why doesnt that still happen? I only have 1 cred in my houses now and im scared that they might go poof if they bring it back and I dont get on in time. And if I did put a house into a city I would have to pay more money and hour?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:59 pm

Just put enough money in it, so that when it does come back (if it ever does), it'll last long enough to realize it.

The reason they removed maintenance was because of the Katrina hurricane. They didn't want the houses of the hurrican victims to be destroyed in-game. Technically, it should have been long enough, but the devs still havent turned on maintenance.

This is an old post, but since the market spammers keep bumping it, I guess it wouldn't hurt to do something constructive with it.

Szul

Post by Szul » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:47 pm

I want to spam it:

flight pricesswarovski crystalsvehicles for salefax adslflorida travelhotel oslofirewall routercustom jewelryventilatorencold callingcorpus christi txbuy silverhotel espagneibm as400dell gpssolenoidsprint servicesturin hotelrenting propertybaseball traininggolf cart accessoriesswarovski crystal jewelrygolfballanodizingused kiafree vacation

There. :D

About maintenance:
When you look at the maint rate in the Status window, you will see two sets of numbers, like 75(90). The 75 is the base cost per hour of maintenance. The (90) is the actual maintenance cost, determined by factors such as Merchant bonuses or City Taxes. That is the number you need to worry about, the (90). Its what gets removed once an hour ever hour.

So if you want to be safe, multiply your hourly rent by 24 to get a single days cost, and then guesstimate how many days or weeks of safety you would like, and then pay that amount and when maintenance gets turned back on, you will have that buffer.

BUT... don't worry too much because housing no longer is destroyed due to running out of maintenance fees, so worst comes to worst, if your house becomes condemned, you will have to pay a backfee of maybe 10k to get your house out of "hock".

Theep

Post by Theep » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:16 pm

o alright so no big deal, but if I have a house in a city, does it cost me more?