Possibility of withdrawing Fort Farpoint Valley

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Possibility of withdrawing Fort Farpoint Valley

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon May 21, 2007 9:32 pm

Greetings everyone,

For those who don't know, Fort Farpoint Valley is a metropolis on Tatooine that is ran by my alt, Hel'mut Yovel. It is located north of Mos Eisley and was once the sister city of Farpoint City, which no longer stands. Fort Farpoint Valley was referred to as simply Farpoint Valley prior to its Imperialization. There is currently a relatively sufficient amount of RID's in the city, among other Imperials, including the well know Imperial pilot organizer (Ramona/Resha). It also holds the Jalibirds establishment ran by Ramona.

Recently I was contacted by Ty'e (who was once a a RID long ago), who says his guild is interested in taking and running the city. The exact name of his guild escapes me, but it is a multi-faction, RP, non-combat, corporation guild. I did not have plans for Hel'mut to run the city forever, although I had intents to transfer the city over to either Resha or another RID when I decided it would be time to move on. However, I decided to meet with Ty'e and one of his guild members in the city.

They essentially want their guild to run the city, but I want everyones input on their idea on this (especially those who reside in the city). The guild will be allowing Imperials, Rebels, and neutrals although there will technically be no "combatative" resistance as they are mostly RP. However, I also told them that transferring the city woudln't be a one night thing. Probably this Saturday (on the 26th), will be a meeting in Fort Farpoint Valley with RID, the citizens, and the new guild that wants to run the city. I will post more details on that later.

I also told them that once the city gets an established mall, and withstands the purge, we can begin transferring (around mid June). Likewise, I will be writing up some terms of agreement which they can agree to. I want to ensure that RID has some voice in that city... as in those who live there will still live there. I also will be wanting at least one RID to be a militia member.

Ty'e has access to these forums, so perhaps he has more to add, but for now, that's about it.

Thanks,
Lexx

O-Ren Ishii

Post by O-Ren Ishii » Tue May 22, 2007 12:07 am

did they say they were makeing any changes? I have been living here since before i was in RID and would hate to see my home city go to crap.
Oh and i realy dont like rp'ers

Aleksandrov Danislavko

Post by Aleksandrov Danislavko » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:10 pm

So what is gonna to happen to this city, I say keep it at let Us RID control the dustball of the planet. If you don't want to run it, let someone else in RID take command of the city.

Aleksandrov

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:55 pm

Ty'e or anyone else with him has not contacted me as of late, even for any city wide meeting.

In the meantime, I will continue running it for RID, at least until after the housing purge and the introduction of a new mall in the area. At that point I may transfer it over to a trusted RID member to run.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:10 pm

Lexx I have sent you a PM regarding this topic

O-Ren Ishii

Post by O-Ren Ishii » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:10 pm

im not on as much as i use to be but if you want ill run for mayor