Research Center

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Szul
Research Center

Post by Szul » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:09 pm

Are any of these towns Research Centers?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:03 pm

Good question, I'm not entirely sure. I cant even remember what specialization Fort Oasis is... I'll need to check when I log on later.

Szul

Post by Szul » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:33 pm

Oasis is a Manufacturing Center, btw. Its worthless, but I figured it was chosen because it was the cheapest choice of the bunch.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:44 pm

Szul wrote:Oasis is a Manufacturing Center, btw. Its worthless, but I figured it was chosen because it was the cheapest choice of the bunch.

Ae you saying Lexx is cheap????

lol

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:47 pm

Lol, no I'm not cheap :P

In fact, since maintenance is turned off, we can do whatever specialization we like for free. So I'll switch Oasis to Research Center!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:49 pm

LexxYovel wrote:In fact, since maintenance is turned off, we can do whatever specialization we like for free.

Wow, this game is more screwed up than I thought...

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:57 pm

They turned off maintenance because of the Katrina hurricane, which is reasonable, but they need to turn it on now. It's been long enough. The people involved in the hurricane are either playing again or are not going to play at all, so we need maintenance back on to purge inactive housing.

At the same time, I'd like them to FIX the taxes in SWG, which are still broken. Income tax is the only working tax (and so is property tax sort of, but since maintenance is turned off, it doesnt collect money. But that doesnt matter since cities dont take maintenance either atm). Basically sales tax needs to be fixed, and the shuttle tickets need to quit reverting back to 100 credits every server reset.

And what do you mean the game is more screwed up then you thought? You seemed to hate it already :lol:

Szul

Post by Szul » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:16 pm

LexxYovel wrote:They turned off maintenance because of the Katrina hurricane, which is reasonable, but they need to turn it on now. It's been long enough. The people involved in the hurricane are either playing again or are not going to play at all, so we need maintenance back on to purge inactive housing.

Eh? I thought that housing did not deteriorate and self-destruct anymore, just got "condemned by the Empire" so you had to pay lots of back maintenance when and if you came back. At least thats what I had to do on the Merchant Tent that I'd abandoned.

WTF came up with that idea anyway, how retared... lol but thats another rant and I've filled my rant quota today. :lol:

Szul

Post by Szul » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:18 pm

oh... lol and Research Center would be peachy, you can use that to attract people moving in their Craft... well if any are left by the end of the month. :)

(before you ask, because it takes a month or so for Cancel to equal Closed, and I am sure a lot of people cancelled their crafters after seeing the Road Ahead news that offered CRAP for crafters in the next 4-5 Publishes)

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:22 pm

LexxYovel wrote:They turned off maintenance because of the Katrina hurricane, which is reasonable, but they need to turn it on now. It's been long enough. The people involved in the hurricane are either playing again or are not going to play at all, so we need maintenance back on to purge inactive housing.

At the same time, I'd like them to FIX the taxes in SWG, which are still broken. Income tax is the only working tax (and so is property tax sort of, but since maintenance is turned off, it doesnt collect money. But that doesnt matter since cities dont take maintenance either atm). Basically sales tax needs to be fixed, and the shuttle tickets need to quit reverting back to 100 credits every server reset.

And what do you mean the game is more screwed up then you thought? You seemed to hate it already :lol:

I don't hate it, just the people that are behind it. In truth, I feel sorry for the game and its players. Personally, I'd like to see Vader walk up to each dev and Force Bitch Slap them to death. (Hey, I made a new Force power!!!)

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:38 pm

Well I made the city a Research Center :P

And your right Szul, the whole "condemn" thing was stupid. Yeah, it would deteriorate over time, but only once the persons funds are completed drained from the bank (which takes forever).

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:17 pm

I think that if you fail to pay matinence, the house should be thrown into your datapad and will drain your bank account until you put money into it.

As for taxes... I am still being charged tax by Vagabond's Rest... and that has been over a year since I lived there.

When do I get to pick a city specilization?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:39 pm

I think level 4... not sure.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:06 am

Is there anyway I can no longer be counted as a citizen for Vagabond's? It's really annoying.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Szul

Post by Szul » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:23 am

Probably after they turn stuff back on. I get 2,000 credit Income Tax messages one a week on Snikool and so far, he's not been deducted anything... because he only has like 1,400 on him. :lol: