Character purge imminent

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

bizob

Post by bizob » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:55 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:Secondly to get those cities bigger until more people fill them up people with extra lots could declare residence in those cities to keep them alive

Do you mean current citizens of Fort Oasis with extra lots? I believe you can only declare residence in one city at a time but i may be wrong.

P.S. Puncuation is you friend.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:25 pm

Yes, not to sound rude, but please use puntuations Waucod :lol:

And Bizob's right, you can only declare residence in one city. The only people who will be given housing to place in the new cities are new recruits, because I very much dislike it when already settled citizens of Fort Oasis are taken out, thus lowering Fort Oasis' citizen count.

Lexx

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:27 pm

LexxYovel wrote:Yes, not to sound rude, but please use puntuations Waucod :lol:

And Bizob's right, you can only declare residence in one city. The only people who will be given housing to place in the new cities are new recruits, because I very much dislike it when already settled citizens of Fort Oasis are taken out, thus lowering Fort Oasis' citizen count.

Lexx

I still like a house in Fort Oasis, wouldn't hurt me if I was a citezen of the base on Lok.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:38 pm

Of course, you can have houses in both cities, but can only be a citizen of one. I think they should allow for dual citizenship in some cases. Maybe not for mayors though.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:44 pm

I'm 12 and my worst subject is english ok so I don't take the time to think about punctuation, I 'm better at math science than anything else :mrgreen:

Waucod Meesman
Last edited by Waucod Meesman on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:45 pm

Hehe, okay, didnt mean to pick on ya, but I'm sure 12 year olds can put dots at the end of each sentence j/k :lol: :P

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:50 am

LexxYovel wrote:I dont think it'd be smart to create a forum for each individual city. There'd be like 50 city forums. Fort Oasis Forums, despite its name, should be treated as a universal RID City forum. And I didn't understand that last sentence you wrote, could you specify on that?

Why not just rename the Fort Oasis forum to something like "RID's Cities Forum" or something like that. Then, ensure that anyone who starts a thread in the city forum starts the thread subject with the city name.

Example:
"Fort Reconsiliation - House Relocation Project"

or

"Fort Oasis - City Fundraiser"

That way you can keep the number of city forums to just one. And by putting the city name in the thread subject, you'll instantly know which city the thread belongs to.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:10 pm

What Kurke said :mrgreen:

Waucod Meesman

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:46 pm

Just make a Sub forum for each city in the Fort Oasis forum, that way everyone can see Fort Oasis is the main city but the other cities are colonies of Fort Oasis.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:51 pm

Not quite sure if you can make subforums with phpBB. Plus, aside from actually looking (and you know peeps are lazy), how would they know the subforums are under the FO forum?

I'll go play with my forums later on to see if subforums can actually be made.

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:00 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Not quite sure if you can make subforums with phpBB. Plus, aside from actually looking (and you know peeps are lazy), how would they know the subforums are under the FO forum?

I'll go play with my forums later on to see if subforums can actually be made.

good point, i've never used phpbb myself :?:

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:38 pm

I think I'll go with the renaming thing, simpler and people will know where to go.