The city layout

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Hows Fort Oasis progressing?

I think everything is perfect, just fit in a base, wait for those two houses to go poof, and we are 100%!
60%
It's soo close, but there are some things I don't like. (Please specify!)
20%
Meh... it's acceptable.
10%
I hate it... makes me want to move.
No votes
I never really cared either way.
10%

Total votes: 10

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:14 pm

Ooooh please. I recruited novice scouts carrying cdef's in the begenning. Now we have people like Timit, Rednemesis, etc, who have very nice proffesions. I would say you, me, Kurke, and that member we had for months *are* the noobs. Now a map of our current day city is beig uploaded.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:33 pm

http://www.abstraction.com/yovel/fortoasis.htm

Theres the way our city looks right now, November 28th, 2004, 8:30 PM Est.

Does it really look that bad? Right now the only downsides are two misplaced small homes, and empty gaps.

I feel there are many ways we can improve the appearance by not just getting the detonators around the hall wired up. Why not put another guild hall facing Kriotech's for a sense of symetry, or putting a forward oupotst just south of the hall? I dont think it looks *that* bad.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:41 pm

I wouldn't be so anti-guild hall if it was A.) in a better location or B.) didn't face east. Where it is now makes be feel closed in when I am standing by the city hall. If it was moved down (north on this map) and facing the garage or those poles in front of the city hall it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Personally, I had a few other plans for that part of town. The base probably would fit there, I would love to see the cantina/hospital/cloning facility right there, some gardens there, or something else. By doing that, you can put guild halls to your little heart's content up where those current city structures are.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:44 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:I wouldn't be so anti-guild hall if it was A.) in a better location or B.) didn't face east. Where it is now makes be feel closed in when I am standing by the city hall. If it was moved down (north on this map) and facing the garage or those poles in front of the city hall it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Personally, I had a few other plans for that part of town. The base probably would fit there, I would love to see the cantina/hospital/cloning facility right there, some gardens there, or something else. By doing that, you can put guild halls to your little heart's content up where those current city structures are.

Phew, finnally the post I wanted to hear. Okay first the guild hall. I think where it is now, it is impossible to rotate in any other direction. Perhaps we can have it facing the City Hall where the garage normally is, and move all the city strutures where Krio's guild hall is? But where do you want the base exactly again?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:47 pm

LexxYovel wrote:Phew, finnally the post I wanted to hear. Okay first the guild hall. I think where it is now, it is impossible to rotate in any other direction. Perhaps we can have it facing the City Hall where the garage normally is, and move all the city strutures where Krio's guild hall is? But where do you want the base exactly again?

Personally, I think we said enough times we didn't want the guild hall where it is...

Anyways... Leave the area empty for now till we get the base. I'd love to have the base there. It's like a blessing in disguise for the mall. The base would hopefully fit in that big open area to the east of the garage/bank. If it didn't fit I would love to see the cloning facility and hospital there. Right now, those two structures are out of the way. I would like to see the cantina moved closer to downtown, but I could deal with it where it is compared to other structures.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:55 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Personally, I think we said enough times we didn't want the guild hall where it is...

grrr, I know you said you didn't want it there. But you didn't tell me *where* to put it. And I sure wasn't gonna take destroy it as an answer. But anyways forget that right now.

Anyways, first things first, I highly doubt the Forward Outpost will fit in the location you want it to be. Will I give it try? Yes, but I think the trench there will hinder the placement. Also, the Forward Outpost has a huge foot print. If it doesnt fit I wouldn't mind putting it where it was long ago, only facing north. I think Commercial centers are good for now, but if we must, we can move em eventually. I know for certain the Cantina can't be placed anywhere else. Zrin had a hard time. But the things like med center and cloner can be moved over to the opposite side. Once we do that, Krio's Hall can be placed where those two commercial centers were. But get Kuiloo and Kriotech on the line, and maybe we can talk to them. I haven't seem either of them lately.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:59 pm

[quote="LexxYovel"]grrr, I know you said you didn't want it there. But you didn't tell me *where* to put it. And I sure wasn't gonna take destroy it as an answer.
quote]

As long as it isn't where it is now or anywhere relatively close, I really don't care. I'm just worried about downtown. And destroying it is a completely viable option... :twisted: We are the Empire, nothing stands in our way!!! hehehe

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:02 pm

Hehe, maybe true, maybe true. But my eyes are gleaming at taxes $$$

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:15 pm

Hey, its not just about the Benjamin's, we want the city to be aesthetically pleasing, yet functional at the same time.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:51 pm

:? So i'm a noob even though I have a complete template, pilot ace, and I can't advance more? I'm confused lol

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:01 pm

Fingolfin wrote::? So i'm a noob even though I have a complete template, pilot ace, and I can't advance more? I'm confused lol

Yeah, me too.... :? :?:

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:50 pm

lol, fine then. Put down a name of one member in our guild thats a complete noob. Actually put down 3! :P

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:52 pm

I gladly would if we had an officers forum lexx- I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Would you like me to pm names? of course I will include kurke and I since we are so obviously noobs......

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:11 pm

:roll: Thats okay, I dont want you to. I personally feel *no one* in the guild are noobs. I am simply setting a point. If a Rifleman can kill a Master Entertainer, does that make an Entertainer the noob? Of course not. I 100% gaurantee everyone in the guild is decently skilled in an elite proffesion. I guarantee it. And trust me, it depends on what your preference to "noob" is. There are super guilds out there that could elimintate me, you, the entire guild in one shot. I dont entirely agree with stateing new recruits are noobs. In either way, when I recruited you into the guild, you were a noob at the time. Not anymore Fing. But if you wish, PM me, and will list you their proffesions :wink:

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:21 pm

At the time I was recruited, we didn't exactly have nooby overflow- IMHO things were better and more fun then... Maybe i'm wrong but it feels to me like we have even been taking steps backward since then... whatever happened to how much fun we used to have? We used to just drop everything and say, "alright guys lets have some fun and attack AH"... It was so fun back then with me, you, aem, tele, oraf, and even kurke if he was brave enough hehe.

and also that just proves how flawed our recruiting is lol... you recruited me while I was still on a free trial and didn't even know how to play the game, simply because I had that imp logo beside my name :wink: ... of course i'm glad I joined because I had so much fun in those times.

and lexx, we have some members still working on nooby professions.... ask me their names when you log on and I will tell you them. My only real problem is that we don't do anything fun anymore... we do soloable events, or something like that...