Where Fort Oasis stands after purge

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Where Fort Oasis stands after purge

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:54 pm

I did a thorough scouting of Fort Oasis, and counted up to 42 abandoned structures. While this seems upsetting, it's actually not too bad. Fort Oasis has 140 citizens exactly, and you only need 40 to maintain metropolis status. Assuming ALL of the 42 structures are declared residence, we will have 98 citizens... 58 more than required.

Also, the major structures such as our mall, med center, cantina, theater, etc, are not abandoned. Intefering structures that get in the way of our layout will also be destroyed... so as of now, the purge will be beneficial. Nonetheless, we will attempt to not blindly destroy all our own houses at once. I want to make it a slow process, and concentrate on destroying outside houses as a guild event for the time being.

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:20 pm

I'd say that'd be a good idea. Try and get everyone to get their own fair share of houses/points so we can all get some of the rewards that are available. All I really care about are the imp painting and the rug, but wouldn't mind having all the rewards. ;) The only problem with this is the very likely possibility of other players coming into our city and destroying the houses themselves. So if we did try and make this an organized event we'd HAVE to do it ASAP when the purge goes live.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:46 pm

I'll speak more about it in the events forum, but on the first day of the purge, I really want to go for Crystal Hollow :lol:

I'd say let the others deal with our own cities, while we go for other locations.