Possible city after Chap 6

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lysao
Possible city after Chap 6

Post by Lysao » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:20 am

I've been thinking of setting up a coastal city after Chapter 6 cleans up all the houses. I've been thinking of Lok, Naboo or Corellia. So far i've decided upon Fort Lakeshore as the likely name of my possible city.

The main reason i'm posting this is to get your guys imput. What planet do you think i should do this on and do you have any advice? Also, does anyone know a architect i could contact to get all the neccisary buildings made?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:04 am

Naboo would be a great planet to set up a city, although I'm worried that we wont be able to support an additional city at this time. Currently Fort Oasis, Fort D'aroo, and Fort Leviathen have lots of inactive housing. When the city purge takes place, we'll need to get as many citizens for those cities as we can.

On the other side of the coin; however, Naboo is currently filled. So placing a city right after a purge would make sense. You would be able to found a city there but it'll be completely up to you to get citizens for it untill we stabilize the other Forts, at which point we can try helping your city out.

Lysao

Post by Lysao » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:43 am

yeah I realize it would be done by mostly me.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:16 pm

when is chapter 6 slated to happen? And How will you know if your houses will be affected?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:51 pm

Dont know when, but condemned houses will be easy to see. Apparently the sign or something will show its condemned. It's uncertain how the system will work, but it's rumored that players will be able to blow up condemned houses.

Lysao

Post by Lysao » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:34 pm

Lol, blow up? that would be amazing! however unlikely :P

They'll probably all just get stored to the players datapad after the month.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:36 pm

The idea is that they do get repacked, although Helios brought up a concept of players being able to set up beacons on condemned homes for Tie Bombers to blow up... although it's just that, a concept, so anythings possible :P

Takura

Post by Takura » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:49 pm

when the houses go Im setting up my houses right outside theed where they used to be :p

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:43 pm

Have we heard any new informatioin with regards to how exactly they plan on deciding what to get rid of for chapter six, and when chapter six is coming out? I have some abandoned houses that I really don't want to see vanish... I've been meaning to one day reactivate that account and put some money in those houses, it just hasn't been a pressing enough cocnern to me until now.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:08 pm

The process is not yet known, but it's irrelevant how much money is in inactive homes anyways. If it has enough maintenance to last 20 years, it'll still be destroyed as long as the legitamate owner has been inactive for a year.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:19 am

crap, that creates even more of a problem for me then.