Just became Mayor of Fort Spartan, another city for RID?

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kardath
Just became Mayor of Fort Spartan, another city for RID?

Post by Kardath » Mon May 22, 2006 3:38 am

OK, I've just taken over Fort Spartan on Corellia, outside Kor Vella. It's a tier 3 township, with a city hall, bank, garage, cloning facility, mission terminals, and that's about it. It's also set as an Improved Job Market.

Just basically looking for advice on what to do with it now that I have it.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon May 22, 2006 7:41 am

You act like you've pulled a Europa lol

Kardath

Post by Kardath » Mon May 22, 2006 12:54 pm

What's a Europa?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon May 22, 2006 1:48 pm

It's sort of an inside joke :P

Well congrats on suceeding as mayor. With most cities inactive now we need to bring some life to them.

Some current advice:

1.) Remove all terminals, and gardens and replace them to your liking. Dont place Rebel faction terminals, and place many Imperial terminals (sort of stresses that it's an Imperial city).

2.) Make the taxes/fees as follows. Sales tax should be 0%, Income should be 2000, property can be up to you... maybe 25% right now. Garage can be adjusted to however you like.

3.) Make sure that the treasury is well supplied.

4.) Remove all current militia members, unless they are active and are trustworthy.

Other than that, I could talk to you in-game for specifics.

Szul

Post by Szul » Mon May 22, 2006 1:50 pm

LOL I was thinking the same thing last night when he said he was the new Mayor. RID is becoming another Europa, just more community friendly. :P

(heh I'm not even from this server and I know about the Europa Project lol)

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon May 22, 2006 10:06 pm

wow it was bigger than i thought that or you read the history thread on the chat forum

Post by Guest » Tue May 23, 2006 7:37 pm

Took your advice Lexx and adjusted the taxes. Also added some decorations to the city and city hall, but still has a ways to go before it really looks prosperous.

Also added several imperial mission terminals and removed others.

We still need entertainers to place a theater and cantina, and we could also do with a few RID members placing homes. If possible.

If you want to place a home, contact me ingame and I'll give you a house for free. Just don't forget to declare your residence once the house is placed.

Oh, and Lexx, if you have any suggestions on a city specilization, lmk.

Kardath

Post by Kardath » Tue May 23, 2006 7:38 pm

dang, forgot to log in before posting that.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat May 27, 2006 1:28 am

Having a good cantina as a focal point to your city is always a good idea. As well, have a good plan in mind for expansion. Make sure you know where you want all the houses to go, shuttleport, cloning facility, etc.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat May 27, 2006 9:52 am

Leviathen wrote:Having a good cantina as a focal point to your city is always a good idea. As well, have a good plan in mind for expansion. Make sure you know where you want all the houses to go, shuttleport, cloning facility, etc.

what if you were just given a city and houses are strewn about everywhere?? I assuming I just sit and wait for a purge.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat May 27, 2006 10:30 am

Unfortunatrly, if you "inherit" an incredibly unorganized city, there is not much you can do to improve the currently set up houses. Only way to expect to improve the city is wait for a purge.

Fortunately, when Fort Oasis was terribly unorganized, Kurke and I set off to get the active citizens to move their homes in rows. The inactive houses eventually were destroyed due to decay.

Fort Spartan I think is relatively organized, so basically do your best to place houses in as much an organized fasion as possible. Organization is very important, and isn't just for asethics. People will be more willing to join an organized city.

Fort Selinor is different. The only way to improve asthetics is maybe place oodles of statues and fountains. They may draw attention away from the fact that homes are randomly placed.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat May 27, 2006 10:37 am

Just gotta go with what you got. Try and figure out where you could potentially add houses so that it looks somewhat better. If you want contact me when Geth or Leviathen is on and I will have a look at it with you. One of the challenges I faced was not leaving proper room for Large and medium houses, but only putting a plan forth for small houses.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Szul

Post by Szul » Sat May 27, 2006 1:16 pm

Just thought of something, do condemned houses, or their owners, pay any taxes? That might be a good argument to get the Devs to take faster action on this dead structure issue. I imagine its probably impossible to tell for a Mayor, maybe I'll go find that thread and reply to it with that question.