A New Imperial Network

A place to discuss RID's war plans.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
A New Imperial Network

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:56 pm

I'm posting these here, because I believe this concept could benefit from the combined feedback of all of RID.

In 2005, there existed an Imperial guild called The Imperial Order, or TIO, based out of Thalnax on Naboo. TIO pioneered the first true Imperial Network. RID was in it, as were many other guild, and it almost operated as a sort of "super guild" that partook in many aspects of PvP, and PvE. It was very useful for helping to tear down Rebel bases, or secure Imperial control of planets (back then, the GCW system was rather rudimentary).

However, when TIO fell, so did the Network, with time. Yet in 2006, Issele, who was in RID, worked with me to form a new Imperial Network, called the CORE. While the CORE did do decently, it was not quite as organized as the old Imperial Network, and eventually collapsed, partly due to drama with IMPHL.

Today, we will begin plans for a new Imperial Network, hopefully similar to the first one organized by TIO. Doing so may require the establishment of a Network forum. It would also require starting small, with a group of around 5 or 6 Imperial guilds.

On Starsider, there are exactly 70 registered Imperial guilds. However, many of these are very small (with as little as 5 members), inactive, or are not truly Imperial (such as mixxed guilds).

But out of the list, I've deemed these guilds suitable for the foundations of a potential network:

SinisteR (SR): Led by Ibar, SR seems to already have close ties with the Imperial guild Electronic Enemies (EE). Because SR helps to organize weekly base busting events, they undoubtedly have many contacts in the Empire. They also operate the Imperial Buff House near Restuss, which RID has access to. They have more than one city to my knowledge, but one of them is the Nar Shadda Trading Post on Dantooine (formerly ran by RID as Fort Nar Shadda). In 2007, SR was being griefed by another Imperial guild called IMPHL. RID came to their defense, but since then, communications between SR and RID have been pretty quiet on a personal level. Nonetheless, SR would be a great inclusion to a new Network.

Electronic Enemies (EE): These are organizers of the weekly base busts as well. I am not sure who their leader is, but one of their higher-ups is Goji-phen. This guild is also active. In the past, RID transferred the city of Sarlacc City to EE. Since then, Sarlacc City has gone to another guild, but RID and EE have always gotten along, and it'd be good to strengthen those ties as well.

StarHawk Conglomerate (SHC): We've had our differences in the past, but SHC and RID are similar in certain respects. We're both very old guilds, and have similar playstyles and activity numbers. What makes SHC good for the Network is not just the fact that its one of the oldest guilds on Starsider, but the fact that they probably wont be going anywhere. Jod has been its leader for quite a while. Though I'm not sure if she's very active right now, SHC still seems to be in good hands. They're also based out of Flame's Hold on Talus (near the Imperial Outpost) which, consequently, is where the weekly space PvP events are organized.

Hades Hellriders (HADES): I do not know very much about this guild. Yet, what makes this guild attractive is the fact that its based on Tatooine. It'd be good to have another guild in the Network that holds a vested interest in securing Tatooine. Their city is an Imperial Metropolis named Hades Inferno, and its located near Wayfar. It's mayor is named Rexxor. The only time I've really dealt with HADES was when I reminded their mayor to official register their city as Imperial.

ATW: The inclusion of this guild is essential for our Network. With the animosity surrounding the very large Imperial guild Alpha Imperium (-AI-), we need an equally large guild for our Network. Fortunately, ATW might be that guild. ATW has 500 members, and is very active. I do not know much about them, other than they have a mixxed playstyle, and they do not approve of Alpha Imperium's recent actions.

I chose the above guild for a variety of reasons (size, activity, allegiances, relations to RID, cities, etc). In a nutshell, all the guild listed above have been very influential to the community, whether it be fielding tons of PvP'ers in Restuss, managing a buff house, organizing base busts, or running well known cities.

However, I also have a short list of guilds that should not be in the Network (at least for the time being).

Alpha Imperium (-AI-): We've all heard about it. AI disrupting organized base busts to deprive the other guild's of their GCW points, and keep the points to themselves. AI was knee deep in drama on their old server. When they transferred to Starsider, they took our city of Fort Sparta on Tatooine from under us. But because we occupied with management issues elsewhere, we simply decided to cut our losses and let -AI- take the city without a fuss. They renamed the city to -AI-'s Sparta, and soon after, we made feeble attempts to start an alliance with them. Their leader is Klendest, and while he did work with me briefly on destroying Rebel bases on Tatooine, we haven't had much to do with them since then. Now most Imperial guilds are against them, which is enough reason not to let them in the Network, at least for the time being.

Shadowfire OWNZ (OWNZ): I actually don't hate these guys... I just don't really like their leader, Lord-Cyco. A year ago or so, OWNZ shamelessly destroyed two of RID's cities on Tatooine through dubious means, in order to build and advance their own city named OWNZ Central HQ. They also built another city, called OWNZ Outpost just southwest of their main city. Obviously, RID was quite angry, and we made repeated attempts to take over one of their cities (in fact, we still have spies as citizens in their cities in case we want to strike again). In order to get a shuttleport, they even infiltrated and destroyed a well known RP city named Mos Carova, and in its place they put a new city named Fort Carova to make it seem like RID was responsible for destroying it. Lord-Cyco also repeatedly insulted me and our guild and asked to wage war against us, calling us a Rebel guild because we accepted some neutrals. They also put a statue in their new city calling me "retarded" and changes their city welcome message to insult RID. However, this time, more people got angry, and a GM got involved. The GM restored Mos Carova (shame the same couldn't have been done for our two destroy cities), and demoted OWNZ Central HQ so it wouldn't have a shuttle. Since then, Lord-Cyco and OWNZ have been a little less "In your Face" to the community and RID. In fact, we haven't had any problems with them since then. They're well active in Restuss for PvP, and they do have nice members which known nothing of their guild's past transgressions against RID. Nonetheless, unless they have a change of leadership, or if I can sit down for a one on one with Lord-Cyco to make sure things are cool, these guys won't be in our Network.

But that's about it for now. If anyone has any ideas on how to start this, feel free to respond.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: A New Imperial Network

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:05 pm

ATW is interested, and I'm just about ready to set up a Network forum.

If we could at least get two other guilds to sign up for this (Hopefully SR and EE at least), we'd be in business.