Corvallon

Write the history of your character here.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Corvallon
Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Name: Corvallon Decimus.
Birth Planet: Naboo.

Story: Corvallon's Mother was not a wise judge of character. She and her son lived near poverty in a small two room house outside of Theed. His Father left the two of them before he was born and for as long he could remember, his Mother always shacked up with losers of various race and profession.

His Mother was a gifted dancer, but she also drank like a thirsty animal under the Tatooine suns. She preferred men who could match her taste for drink and because of this Corvallon spent many nights lying awake in the next room listening to drunken shouting and cursing. He hated those men and he hated when his Mother was drunk.

When he was ten his Mother had met a man known as "Skully."
"Skully" was a small time smuggler who liked to gamble and drink, a perfect match for Mom. One night Corvallon was awoke by Skully and his Mother shouting and the like. But this sounded worse than other times and he jumped out of bed and rushed into the next room to see Skully had his Mother pinned against the wall and he slapped her..hard. She slid down the wall as blood trickled from her nose.

Something happened to the young Zabrak in that moment.

Corvallon looked around and spied a bottle on the table. He grabbed it by the neck and smashed it against a chair. Skully turned around at the noise and saw the child with the broken piece in his hand and a snarl on his face. "Now, you listen- he began. But that's all Skully managed before Corvallon sprang forward and plunged the piece of glass into his throat. Blood sprayed everywhere and Skully tried to howl, but all the escaped was a harsh whimper. He slumped down as his Mother had, his eyes a picture of surprise. Corvallon stood there and watched him bleed his life out. The child's face was vacant of expression as Skully's blood dripped off his face.

Corvallon's Mother had watched the whole thing. She cried out at her son in Zabrak.. "What have you done!" She hurled curses.

"He'll never hurt you again." Her son answered quietly.
"No one will ever hurt you again..I'll see to that."

She pointed to his face. "You will wear his blood all of your days. Enitami!"

"I will." He answered.

Lt. B.T. Rahls was on duty the night Corvallon killed Skully. He caught the comm and responded at once. His Mother met the Trooper at the door and invited him inside and directed him to the kitchen while rambling about what had happened. Lt. Rahls took a look at her and then his eyes found Corvallon, who was slumped in a chair, the blood on his face standing out in the artificial light.He took in the body and placed a call on his radio.

"Son?"
"Hey, can you hear me?"

"Answer him!" his Mother shouted.

He raised his head and looked directly at the Trooper.

"I heard him." he said.

Lt. Rahls then told him that he needed to talk to his Mother in private and needed to ask her some questions. Corvallon nodded and again cast his eyes to the floor.

"Miss Decimus-" he began.
"Nayla,call me Nayla." she said.
"Fine, Nayla, your son is a minor. A minor that's committed a capital offense." he said.
"This means time in the juvenille facility in Keren, followed by life in Dathomir Detention Facility. he continued.
"No, please, he was defending me,please, he's just a child!" she sobbed.

Lt. Rahls was silent for a few moments. His face was tense under his helmet.

"He's has never been in trouble before. I'm taking that into consideration."

Nayla saw hope here and she pressed.

"No, he's never been in trouble. He was defending me. There must be an alternative."

"The only alternative would be service. But I'd have to speak with my CO."

Corvallon was listening to the conversation and his blood had froze at the mention of Dathomir prison. He would serve in the worst outposts in the Galaxy to avoid that place. He sat in the chair, his big orange eyes wide with fear. His face twitched as the gravity of the situation hit home.

A few moments later he was led away in binders from his sobbing Mother and warm house and into the stygian moonless night.

Into an uncertain future.

(( Corvallon would be delivered to the Imperial Naval Academy thanks to a gracious Lt. Rahls, whom knew the boy and Nayla for nearly all the years they lived in the Theed area. He adjusted well to military service proving to be a skilled pilot and later, a fearsome Trooper.

Corvallon never forgot Lt. Rahls, and after Rahls was killed during a skirmish, He spoke eloquently at his service about the second chance and a new life he had been given. He didn't forget his Mother either. Each pay period he sends her money while hoping she doesn't spend it on booze.))