For the RID Roleplayers:

A place for members to share useful information with one another.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
For the RID Roleplayers:

Post by Arev » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Most of you roleplayers know our frustrations with the Rebel roleplayers, especially when it comes to the PvP portion, I created this thread over at SSG to address reconciliations between the outnumbered Imperials and the Rebel majority. It was firmly rejected, and in some cases denied, by the Rebels.

Here are some screenshots I had with a Rebel after the Massacre at Mos Carova.

As you can see in his responses, this is the epitome of the Rebel responses in the thread I mentioned. This is either because the Rebels sorely want to win at all costs (afterall, the Rebels do win the movies), or they're wonderfully ignorant of Imperial RP. The world may never know.

Apauck
Lance Corporal

Post by Apauck » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:29 pm

It is a shame that (if this represents an avereage Rebel RPer) rebels think that way. They expect us to just be NPC's for their pleasure. When there is no Imperial RPers because they either stoped RPing or left the game, I wonder what will happen then.

It seems to me that most GCW RP is mostly PvP with just a R before it. There is NO GCW RP. When I was "captured" from what I heard it seems there was one maybe two casulties. The rest were running around shooting the DOSH that kept /dueling TROOP. To be honest, the fact that he can run his mouth like that and think he's right astounds me. I bet he would be b!tching that the rebs are getting wtfpwned if the tables were turned.

I think, really, until the cross factional summit is held, no more GCW RP need to be held. It is a crock and doesn't deserve the name RP.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:59 am

Apauck wrote:It seems to me that most GCW RP is mostly PvP with just a R before it. There is NO GCW RP.

This, right here. :)

Very, very excellent post, my friend.

However, I do counter it with this post from an 'old school' ST RPer:

In general, as a Stormtrooper on Starsider, you have to accept the fact that you are going to lose VERY often. It's just a brutal pill that you have to swallow. Even if you masterfully outmaneuver your adversaries to the point where they can impossibly succeed in a situation, you are always going to run into people who, quite frankly, refuse to lose.

Dealing with these types of situations requires incredible patience and tact.

TK-921
Corporal

Post by TK-921 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:22 am

This is why the only RP I do is limited to PvP zones.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 pm

This is why I do not RP ...

and maybe I'm a noob at it too lol

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:28 pm

To be honest, RP is not the only playstyle in MMOs that drama-filled. What are hate tells in PvP? What causes the Heroic Instance group leader to holler at the newbie? To both of those, it's drama. This is game, and everyone wants to win--PvP, RPer, or PvE'er.

Edit: Typos
Last edited by Arev on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Daiho wrote:This is why I do not RP ...

and maybe I'm a noob at it too lol

I'm with Daiho...

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:43 pm

I may be coming back soon, glad to know RP hasn't changed much...

On a serious note, this is why I was always in favor of SF/Overt RP. You need to be able to actually shoot the other person for anything to be effective. I say, if you are rp'ing, go overt.

How's it going arev? :)

Apauck
Lance Corporal

Post by Apauck » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:38 am

Ramd wrote:On a serious note, this is why I was always in favor of SF/Overt RP. You need to be able to actually shoot the other person for anything to be effective. I say, if you are rp'ing, go overt.

The thing is we were overt. It is just that when we fight, the rebels bring 40 vs our 10. When they come with uber numbers and all officer, medic, and ent buffs and we can only field a handfull with ent and med buffs. The outcome is predictable. It doesn't matter how you fight, rebels will win because of sheer numbers alone.