Content Scheduling

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Santos
Colonel
Content Scheduling

Post by Santos » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Hey gang,

Since flashpoints are only 4 players, we've already run into instances where it felt like people were being left out (despite having an 8 person guild right now!). Maybe we should set up a weekly or bi-weekly time for us to get a few groups together to take on this content so everyone gets to run it with their guildmates. Flashpoints are fun and typically only take less than 30 minutes, so it would even be possible to run a bunch of them in a row at higher levels.

I'm not sure how operations end up panning out, but we'd probably need to schedule those on a weekly basis for a single group.
'

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: Content Scheduling

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:07 pm

Doesn't sound like a bad idea.

This is the good thing with being on the same server as you guys hehe.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:56 pm

Well, I am reaching my mid lvls right now. I am unsure what lvls you need for each flashpoint, I keep hearing those who want to go run the hammer and all. I would think it's possible, but then again there is alot of things I can't stand because I am so use to solo in SWG and can't do it all here.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:35 am

Toor I see your forum name is Santos...are you the same Santos in the guild? Or are you in SHC? Forgive me for being a retard...it's just that we never got to know each other well. :)

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:27 am

I'll make a new sig soon - I'm in RID, as Santos - I just haven't updated my sig since I was in SHC years ago.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:58 am

Yeah I gotta update mine too...as soon as I get some cool BH armor. ;)

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:37 am

Yep, I changed Toor's name to Santos upon his request. If anyone would like to change their forum handle to their current SWTOR name, feel free to send me a PM!

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Well my name is still the same, I had it for so long and no one else wants it so why not keep it?

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:47 pm

[quote="Osar] but then again there is alot of things I can't stand because I am so use to solo in SWG and can't do it all here.[/quote]
AKA not a team player.
Acknar/Prolevik

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:44 am

Mr.Avatar wrote:[quote="Osar] but then again there is alot of things I can't stand because I am so use to solo in SWG and can't do it all here.[/quote]
AKA not a team player.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Says the guy who can't even get his quotes right, I mean come on, how hard can it be? Oh that's right they didn't teach you tech, you only learned how to name your rifle, lol. :mrgreen:

Rafen

Post by Rafen » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:22 am

I'm up to run the flashpoints any time. And if it's something I've run before, I'm more than happy to take a seat so someone else can go.

DelvanVellar
Private

Post by DelvanVellar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Before we really start getting to scheduling runs for Ops, we should probably make sure we can get some heroic mode flashpoints out of the way. That will do two things for us, help gear people up who are going to run through flashpoints, and will get us used to working as a team.

Usually, when you run stuff like that, you have a "core group" of people who run operations. These are the people who are familiar with the fights, are geared well, and are there every week for the scheduled runs. You can always swap out a few people in a particular run, but the more you swap out, the harder it gets.

Sorry about the wall of text, but I spent *alot* of time as a raid leader, main tank (in addition to other roles) during large raids in other games.

So, short version of it is, I am dying to get into some higher end content myself. Even if its just higher lvl flashpoints for the moment since I'm only at 47 right now, but I'm working on fixing that :-D
Delvan Vellar
Dolvanar Vellar
CEO / Owner
Vellar Heavy Industries

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:37 am

Out of curiosity, how long do Operations take (give or take)?

And what makes them different from flashpoints?

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:20 pm

I could be wrong, but I heard that Ops are pvp where as flashpoints are nothing more than better made SWG Heroics.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:59 am

Operations are essentially raids. They are broken up into parts, and they also have different difficulty modes. The only difference is the number of people participating, other than that they function essentially the same.

Once we get more 50's, I suggest we have two nights for PvE and two nights for PvP: one weeknight and one weekend night (so four scheduled nights altogether). I think that is the best way to make is more accessible to the guild, because some people have more luck on the weekdays than the weekends. If not enough people show up to do an Op, then we can always downgrade to a FP. Also organizing a PvP night will help us get people geared up. Premade groups dominate the arenas and we need that type of coordination to get comms faster. PUGs just don't cut it in PvP, especially since they are coming out with a 50's only bracket.