Delvan's first Operation in SWTOR

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

DelvanVellar
Private
Delvan's first Operation in SWTOR

Post by DelvanVellar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:21 am

So, I have run my first operation in SWTOR last night. Just a bit of background, for those of you who don't know me that well. I have played both SWG and WoW for quite a long time (as well as other MMO's, but for much shorter times, such as UO, EQ, Rift, Eve Online, D&D Online, and LoTR Online). SWG I played since beta (though I took a long break and only really came back a few months before it ended) and WoW I played for several years. During my time with WoW, I spent at least two years as a main tank for a pretty fair raiding guild. So I have a pretty decent experience with large end game content and progression.

Anyways, so last night I performed my first operation run in Normal EV, and I am really excited about us as a guild getting into this. It is totally achievable to get a full clear of it fairly quickly. Last night, we cleared it in just under 2 hours. This is MUCH faster than raids that i'm used to (usually taking upwards of 10 hours spread out over the course of a few days). The bosses are fairly easy in normal mode, and usually only have one or two mechanics you really have to watch out for. The hardest thing we had to deal with last night was one of the bosses kept bugging on us.

So, as I said, I'm really excited about getting us started on this. The big thing we're going to need is people willing to commit to a few hours a week (at the same time as everyone else). Of course, you have to be at 50 with a fair amount of gear to consider this as an option. You don't have to be decked out in the really high lvl stuff, but mostly orange gear with ilum mods, maybe a few pieces of gear from HM flashpoints and you should be fine.

If your at 50 and want to do some heroics, let me know and I will give you a hand. Also, look over the post I made about dailies and where you can find them. It will help you plan out what you need to get and what you need to do. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. I'm always more than happy to answer questions.
Delvan Vellar
Dolvanar Vellar
CEO / Owner
Vellar Heavy Industries