What are your skills (RL)

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

artimaes
What are your skills (RL)

Post by artimaes » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Hey, I'd like to get a good grasp of the skills we have outside of gaming itself collected here in the guild right now. Stuff like digital artistry, not-so-digital artistry, web design, coding, modding and addon construction, Excel wizardry, or basically anything you can think of that might come in handy at some point as we improve the resources we have available to the guild. I'll start.

Name: Artimaes
Talents: coding, Teamspeak server administration(I am putting one up right now to use for he guild), SW Lore, creative writing/character developement, building/modifying computers and networks(great for hosting our own server for stuff).

I'll appreciate anyone who puts up thier skills here, because the more we know we can do...the more we can do.
Life is service, brothers. Live well, serve well.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: What are your skills (RL)

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:06 am

I don't have a large number of computer skills.

I have PhotoShop, and know how to use it (albeit not amazingly well). So I could do stuff with that.

artimaes

Post by artimaes » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:15 am

Well, at least one member has talent....lol

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:28 am

I have 0 skills outside the Army, I do have a good extensive user knowledge for computers. That is the extent of my skills out of the military.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Yeah gotta love trying to get a civilian job when you're former Infantry. My prospective employers don't seem to appreciate my machine gun skills.

But on a more serious note I can do web design, graphic design, music composition, video editing, cartoon illustration, creative writing, computer building, database design and adminstration and a bunch of other hobbies!

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Monthigos wrote:Yeah gotta love trying to get a civilian job when you're former Infantry. My prospective employers don't seem to appreciate my machine gun skills.

But on a more serious note I can do web design, graphic design, music composition, video editing, cartoon illustration, creative writing, computer building, database design and adminstration and a bunch of other hobbies!

Well I was a commo guy, and all my radio skills does not translate to anything outside of the Army radio.

DelvanVellar
Private

Post by DelvanVellar » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:37 am

Personally, I'm a PC tech / network tech for my day job, studying for my cisco certs atm. Mostly jack of all (computer) trades, master of none.

My real skills though are completely unrelated though...archery, firearms and ammo (learning to build my own and reload my own ammo atm), and hunting and fishing (have been doing that since I can remember, fairly good at it, enough that I am teaching my wife to hunt).

Hence my nickname at work...the "high tech redneck"...hehe
Delvan Vellar
Dolvanar Vellar
CEO / Owner
Vellar Heavy Industries

Rafen

Post by Rafen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Yeah, outside of the Army I'd have to say 0 skills that would be useful in anything we do.

Though, hey, if someone would ant to work on a guild tag for me...

artimaes

Post by artimaes » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Well, one thing I can say for anyone with "no skills outside the military" is...you can utilize that skillset to provide us with insight into military matters for RP, and tactics that might be applicable to the game for PvP. So, those skills are worth mentioning.