Your guild meeting request

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Osar
Staff Sergeant
Your guild meeting request

Post by Osar » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:38 pm

When I said thinking I meant posting my ideas here.

1. Talk about who to go to if you have guild issues, frankly putting this in military terms, using a chain of command style. Like talking it out with the individual you have the issue with first then coming to the council members next before going to Lexx. I believe we are all mature enough adults (including teens) here to do it this way.
2. Who to go to with getting organizing events, and who will be incharge of the event.
3. Also a few rules as to how to interact with others.

Not all need be kept private, but right now I am so sick I just can't determine what is a good idea and what is not a good idea to share.

DelvanVellar
Private

Re: Your guild meeting request

Post by DelvanVellar » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:16 pm

I have a few things I would like to talk about.

1) Active Membership: I've noticed we've had a few actives leave the guild, mostly because there are not very many people online at a time. Alot of times, I log in and i'm the only person online at all. During the weekends, I can be on for 65% of the day and see maybe one or two other people. Not sure on a solution, but we should try to figure out something.

2) Heroic Flashpoints / Ops: I would really like for more of us to get to experience the challenge of endgame. I've gotten a chance to do alot of Heroic Flashpoints, and I've done endgame content in other games for years. I would love to see us get a chance to experience it together. It can even help with membership as it is something you can use to get others to join for, as well as a point of pride for the guild.

3) Recruitment: If we do decide to get more into Heroic Flashpoints and Ops, we're going to need to get more heavily into recruitment, and more specifically, *targeted* recruitment. We will need to target certain roles more heavily in order to get groups filled out. This doesn't mean ignoring anyone that wants to join, but if we're missing a certain roll, maybe taking a little extra time with someone you want to try to recruit to make them feel welcome, or something along those lines.

These are all open to debate. They are just initial ideas and if you have thoughts on them, please let me know.
Delvan Vellar
Dolvanar Vellar
CEO / Owner
Vellar Heavy Industries

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Good points to bring up. I'm aiming to have a meeting this coming Friday or Saturday evening if possible, so I'll be sure to keep everyone notified.

DelvanVellar
Private

Post by DelvanVellar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:17 am

So, I hadn't heard anything yet. Are we still planning on having the meeting today or tomorrow? This would be the best week for me to do this, as usually Saturday is my D&D night (we usually have several friends over to play and are usually playing from 3pm to about 1am or so), but this week we are not playing.
Delvan Vellar
Dolvanar Vellar
CEO / Owner
Vellar Heavy Industries

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm aiming for tomorrow. I'll make an announcement for it in the Event forum and notify everyone in-game as best I can.

DelvanVellar
Private

Post by DelvanVellar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:31 pm

I apologize, but it looks like I got my timing wrong. Unfortunately I will not be available for the guild meeting.

If someone wants to bring up my points that I mentioned earlier, that would be fine.
Delvan Vellar
Dolvanar Vellar
CEO / Owner
Vellar Heavy Industries

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:49 pm

I will do my best to do this, I may not be there mentally though. My grandmother just passed away this morning, I more than likely won't be leaving until tomorrow morning Sunday, February 19, 2012 to attend all the services and stuff. So if I am around and I seem distant, this is my apology for that ahead of time.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:54 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that Osar. No need to apologize, just take the time to cope.

In any case, I'm not quite sure I'd be prepared for a guild meeting tonight or not anyways. I may have to do it next week instead, but I'll see what kind of turnout we can garner all the same.

DelvanVellar
Private

Post by DelvanVellar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Next week, my Saturday will be a bit busy. If possible, would Friday evening work out ok? Wife will be at work so I should be able to dedicate my attention for most of the evening.

Also, a bit more warning for everyone would probably help out to, that way people can plan in advance.

And I'm sorry to hear your news Osar, I hope your ok. I know there isn't much I can do from here, but I'll do what I can.
Delvan Vellar
Dolvanar Vellar
CEO / Owner
Vellar Heavy Industries

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:54 am

Friday shouldn't be a problem. We'll shoot for that.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks guys, I will be leaving this afternoon for my out of town trip. I should be back no later than Wednesday so Friday would be a good day for me as well for the meeting.

DelvanVellar
Private

Post by DelvanVellar » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Hope things go better for ya Osar.

Anyways, personally I think that artimes is right in that we really should schedule these a bit farther out than a day or two. Personally I would suggest at least two weeks so that people can figure out their schedules in advance.
Delvan Vellar
Dolvanar Vellar
CEO / Owner
Vellar Heavy Industries

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Well we'll see if we can shoot for this Friday anyways. In the future though, yeah, I agree some more notice would be warranted.

Oh how I wish the Devs would add guild mail at least! Bleh...

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:00 pm

Sorry I missed the meeting last night. Had some RL stuff come up at the last min. This has been a really rough week, hope to see you later in game guys.