Issozzin's Proposal

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Re: Issozzin's Proposal

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue May 31, 2011 9:46 am

Issozzin's okay with Xoseh being Admiral, but he was quite adamant that the position for Vice Admiral should involve a voting process. He submitted himself as a potential candidate for the role, and if anyone else, including Daigotsu would like the role, we can put them in for votes and have the guild determine an appointee.

Of course, in the end, it should be the Council that ultimately "okay's" any winner.

Soshu
Private

Post by Soshu » Tue May 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Xoseh has my vote for Admiral! as far as me being vice...im not really all that into the space stuff. Im ace in storm but thats about all I set to accomplish there. Im much more a ground guy. I have a couple ships fully decked out tho and will participate in anything the Admiral needs me to do.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Tue May 31, 2011 6:04 pm

Okay, I typed a whole thing up. And my internet disconnected from my laptop. So now I'm going to sum it up.

Thank you for wanting to give me the Admiral position. I will make sure RID's space race program constantly has something going on. I am currently working on getting a gunship. I currently have a YT-2400 POB but will be switching to a Decimator when I can find one cheaply. I have all POB parts and two Borstel's as the weapons. The capacitor lives on forever, lol.

I also agree that the Vice Admiral position should be voted for. Lexx and I can decide on a time when to send out a mail to allow for candidates to enter the voting system, and when the voting will begin and end.

I forgot the rest. :( Luckily it wasnt important, lol.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue May 31, 2011 9:04 pm

Xoseh wrote:I forgot the rest. :( Luckily it wasnt important, lol.

Sounds alot like Lexx there, lol.

Well I would say since he did so well last night in DA, I can see Issozzin being a good canidate for Vice Admiral.

On the other end I would say that I don't think I will be participating alot in the space events, unlike Daigotsu. I am more of a ground pounder (grunt) than space pilot. Though it would be awesome if SOE did incorperate Airborne operations like the military, lol. I miss it alot.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:00 am

I REMEMBER! It actually was important!!!

The voting for Vice Admiral should take place on the forums to try an enforce forum usage. Only if there arent enough votes shortly afterwards should we bring the vote to question in-game.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:37 am

Yeah a forum vote would probably be best. It encourages forum participation, and helps to make the voting anonymous.

And it'll be great to have you as Admiral. I'll set that as your second title soon and make an announcment regarding that, and the future Vice Admiral role.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Excellent. Thank you :D

On a new topic (which could be cause a new threat to be created), we should definitely try to involve more Guild Titles with our members. Might cause more participation.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Xoseh wrote:On a new topic (which could be cause a new threat to be created), we should definitely try to involve more Guild Titles with our members. Might cause more participation.

Need a new thread for that, but we need to make the voting avialible only after I get back so that I can vote too.

Oh, Xoseh, you need to post all the aces avialable for the position including Issonzzin at the top because this is his idea after all.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Indeed, I will do so when Lexx and I allow people to register to run for the position.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:27 am

Ok, just my opinion here, I would keep the number between 4 to 6 canidates, or have 2 run offs. Like if you have 30 aces, pick the volunteers (which will be about half) and chose the top 4 or 6. Then have them chose between them.

To me it's the best way to say hey we didn't pick favorites here.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:04 am

I don't think we should have to choose between canidates. If we pick out canidates, it's like we basically are picking out favorites.

I think 5 would be a good number before we cut off the registration process. First come, first serve. Issozzin would obviously be one of the 5, and then the other 4 who register are going to be who reply to me first.

Although, I could have completely misunderstood you.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:27 pm

LOL, you did, but your idea is good. 1st come is 1st serve basis is good, only problem is that if 8 all come at one time. Who do you chose then? I am just saying that if 8 reply in the time you require them to, is it fair to say that? That's the only reason I suggested 2 run offs/votings (what ever you want to call it). If you had 8 ppl respond to you at the same time who do you chose and how? You can have a vote and have the voters pick 3 or 4 they don't want to be vice admiral and then vote for vice admiral spot. Just my way of thinking.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:41 pm

I can say based off previous experience that I wont get 8 replies at the same time, lol. I probably wont even get 4 at the same time.

Ultimately, we'd just need to see how it pans out. If we get the 4 replies before the registration period is up, then good! If not, we'll need to come up with some type of voting process.

Possibly best 2/3 space duals, no RE'd parts. I personally feel that would be a good decider.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Ok, space duels I like. It's a great idea in my book, I just hate the rumors saying we picked these guys over those guys because we favored them more. Believe me that can happen.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:09 pm

I know it can. But there is no way we can influence a space dual's victor.

Worst comes to worst, if we do have more then 5 people who register to vote.. we'll do it in tiers.

One group of 5 and then a second group of however many.

The overall victor from each tier will then dual best 2/3 and the winner will get the position. This is all speculation of course though.