Forums...

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Mr.Avatar
Corporal
Forums...

Post by Mr.Avatar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:51 am

On my laptop with win 7 and newest int exp, the keep me logged in doesnt really work, but if i dont click it, it wont keep me logged in long enough to post anything.

But on my desktop wich is running win XP, i clicky keep me logged in and it does, so im thinking that whole issue is a windows problem or the MB's is compatable with vista/win7 browser settings?
Acknar/Prolevik

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: Forums...

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Hmm, that is strange.

I did change things yesterday to fix auto-logins, but it may vary from computer to computer, and affect other things negatively.

I'll test it more, and if it doesn't work completely, I'll change it back to the way it was, and look for a more viable solution.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Testing on my windows vista laptop, by logging on *without* auto-login.

Seems to keep me logged on long enough to post. I'll try on my windows 7 computer later.

Also, I did notice a problem with the auto-login. It kept me logged on for all of yesterday and part of today, but suddenly it logged me out when I checked the forums just now.

Not sure why it did that.

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:23 pm

still keeping me logged in on XP,
Acknar/Prolevik

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Ok your problem is more than likely an Internet Explorer 9 problem than XP, Vista/7 problem. I know it is because I had some of the same problems on other websites.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Right now I'm using Windows Explorer 8 on Windows 7 to write this post.

I'm not using persistant log-in right now.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Like I said, it's the Internet Explorer, most new computers come with 9 and 9 has huge compatibility issues with certain sites on certain sites on Vista and Windows 7. I know this because my desktop has Vista and my Laptop has Windows7 and both have Internet Explorer 9 and wow it sucks at time and I have to switch to FoxFire to use certain sites.

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:35 am

Thanks Osar, now we know what the issue is, as i have seen a few members bring this up(no sarcasm, as we tend to bust each others balls, i wanted to make sure you know i am being sinmcire.)
Acknar/Prolevik

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Welcome

I know what you mean, but it's spelled sincere, lol.

Seriously speaking though, if you look it up on some of the blogs and forums for it, they will tell you there is still a huge compatibility issue out there. Microsoft pulled a SOE when trying to bring out IE9, they didn't do a test and give the patch update to all websites so it would be compatible with their sites. I believe the general consciences is that Microsoft was trying to do a hybrid of Google's Chrome and Foxfire. Don't hold me to that, but should you look it up for your personal mind please keep me up to date on it.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:50 pm

I won't be in game all weekend long due to the fact I leave out tonight for my drill weekend. So if you have a problem with the forums, I will try to see what I can look up while there because I will have nothing else to do. Another thing to look at is to see if you have any service packs with Windows 7, from MY understanding is that the service packs and IE9 don't like each other so you have to go to adobe and get flash updates to sorta satisfy both sides.

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Im fine now, just wont be checking forum on my laptop, as the issues there just make me want to break things, very expensive things
Acknar/Prolevik

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:18 pm

Mr.Avatar wrote:Im fine now, just wont be checking forum on my laptop, as the issues there just make me want to break things, very expensive things

LOL, ok, but best way to solve that issue if you do have to use your laptop would be to use Foxfire.