Interesting Find: Unguilded Mod Collection

A place for members to discuss anything pertaining to MMORPG development.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

lunatiK_(Quakim)
Interesting Find: Unguilded Mod Collection

Post by lunatiK_(Quakim) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:35 pm

So I was doing some googling for SWG mods and came across something rather interesting. I figured I'd share since I know a lot of RID players are from pre-nge/pre-cu days and could use something a little nostalgic.

From the ModSource forums:
This is a collection of useful SWG Mods that have been chosen by and tailored for the special needs of the Unguilded Online Roleplayers. Read the readme files included in each mod (found in the \Mods\<Mod Name>\Documentation subdirectory in the main SWG directory) carefully for individual installation/deinstallation instructions as well as more detailed information! Enjoy!

The Mods in this collection are completely client side, which means it is only visible to you and others that are using this mod.

I found the most interesting inclusions to be the one's that restore some pre-nge/pre-cu attributes. For example:
  • ModSource UI Addon Pack
  • Improved Lightsaber Trails
  • Unarmed Animations to Teräs Käsi
  • Anti Carewok, Wings, Halo and Stupidity Mod
  • Non-Snappy Movement

There's a few others, but I chose not to install those. I can officially say that these mods do work and don't cause any unexpected results (crashes, bugs, etc).

All in all, a very well developed collection. It even comes with an auto-updater, making it even more impressive.

So far all you nostalgic old schoolers, y'all should check this out.

>> Unguilded Mod Collection 4.0.0.4 <<
^ Fore more information and download link.

Edit: P.S. Beware, installation can be a bit annoying. But it has it's benefits - especially the ability to install/uninstall mods via Installation Wizard.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do." -Confucius

./ lunatiK Quakim[RID] @ Starsider «}
http://facebook.com/jackolo503