City Defense and Assaults

A place for members to discuss anything pertaining to MMORPG development.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Allasar
City Defense and Assaults

Post by Allasar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:47 pm

I did not see anyhting specific to this subject, so I thought I would share some of my experiences, both as a Crafter, and a Warrior.

First, this is an excellent way to grind GCW points (upwards of 1000 to 3000, per battle), as there is a battle somewhere every hour. The first 30 minutes are devoted to building, the second 30 minutes devoted to Battle. With Daylight's Saving's Time in effect, 12 - 3 - 6 - 9 on the clock cycle, Bestine is the location, followed by Dearic and then Keren.

If attacking, a single crafter can make any defense very difficult, whereas, a good defense requires at least two to three Crafters and a large group of defenders to build all the required defenses. Crafters require a Weapon, Droid and General Crafting Tool, and must position themselves near a Droid Crafting Station, in order to utilize any experimentation bonuses in building tools (resources are attained from the Camp Terminals). A Crafting Droid can be of immeasurable assistance. Different Professions, assist in building different tools with significant bonuses (Structures can build exceptional barricards, etc.), but any crafter is worth more than a Jedi, fully buffed.

Entertainers as well are critical to success, as each action incurs fatigue, which slows any process down significantly, and only time and Entertainers can relieve the fatigue. Keep in mind Ents also have the ability to do quick buffs (max about an hour).

Grouping improves survival, obviously, and a balanced group with an Officer and Medic is Invalueable (buff, healing & supply potential). Jedi's and Commando's obviously well sought, and Spy's when in SF mode, as Rebs will often scout in SF, and pick off unsuspecting other SF's distracted by the battle.

Bestine is wide open, small and a real intense battleground. Dearic is spread out, deeply urban, and dificult to grasp a full battle picture. Keren, also is deep in the southern sections of the city. The canals and bridges create obstacles in assaults ensuring narrow corridores of attack only, making them killing fields in the Defense's favor, if heavily defended.

The object of the defense is to protect the General (Super Elite Lvl 110). As an attacker, you want to obviously destroy the Defending General. Assault vehicles will not target him (or her) until 15 minutes into the battle, then al hell breaks loose. Characters that decide to also chip away at the General, will be given a warning that one must be SF to make an impact, so be prepared for defending SF players as well to take advantage of your focus on the General.

The side that loses, gets 100 GCW, and 20 GCW Tokens (in addition to xp gained in battle). Winners gain 1000 GCW points and 40 tokens. Medics can gain additional tokens and xp by healing wounded soldiers scattered around the battlefiled, as well as Entertainers can redeploy demoralized troops by entertaining them for a few moments. Crafters can use remaining kits to repair defenses as they are slowly destroyed, or can repair vehicles on the assualt side of the battlefield, as long as they have the appropriate kits in their inventory.

All resources and kits only last for an hour, so need to be made from scratch at each new battle. If you see Allasar on the field of Battle, wave or salute, and join in for an upcoming intense battle experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to email via guild mail, or directly, as I am sure I still left much out. All enjoy.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: City Defense and Assaults

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:41 am

This is a good guide :)

I'll try to direct our members to this, because not all of RID may know of the true effectiveness of invasions, or how to best take part in them.

Allasar

Re: City Defense and Assaults

Post by Allasar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Thanks Lexx,

There is certainly more to gain from the battles. Ettiquette is very much appreciated, meaning allow the crafters 5-10 minutes to build enough tool kits to pass out. People will be asking, and Generals will be searching for Group memebrs. Believe it or not, I "Lone Wolf" it quite often, get good loot, and significant xp at times. It all depeds on how intense the battle is, and that is all based on te number of crafters that showed up on both sides.

People are pleasant, motivated and focused, so generally don't want to be bothered with spamming, or inconsequntial gab. I am normally around Bestine, ot often at the other areas, but I have easily gained over 12k-18k GCW in a single Friday night and Saturday run, often shifting toons, and getting an equal amount on Sunday's, just an FYI. :-)