Fort Nar Shadda, The Jewel of Dantooine

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel
Fort Nar Shadda, The Jewel of Dantooine

Post by Daiho » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:39 pm

Hi folks!

I just want to let you know that I registered myself to run the city since Mikal isn't playing anymore.

I would like to work with the current and the future citizens of the city to upgrade the city. We will need new citizens so we could create a recruiting week-end to help us to growth.

I would also like to open a mini-market with merchant tent near the future shuttle.

Any advice would be welcome since I'm a rookie mayor :)

P.S.: If anyone knows who held the Nar Shaddar Mall, contact me please.
Last edited by Daiho on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:10 pm

Isnt Nar Shadda a city from Jedi Knight?

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:07 am

The mall was mine and I don't play anymore... Mikal should be on the admin list.

And yes, Nar Shadda is from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. It is the city moon that orbits Nal Hutta. It's quite the seedy place in the game.

Good luck getting a shuttle. Since I founded the city we kept running into the damn planetary city caps at like level 2 I think. Too many damn ghost towns spread around out there. Also, there used to be some cities not listed on the map that are used as RP cities, so if you are trying to count cities, you may want to add those.

As the founding mayor, my only request is that you keep the city hall decorated as is (or close to it at least).

Also, I'll gladly answer any questions you have about running a city. I was a little obsessed with running one, so I'm pretty knowledgable on the topic.
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:16 am

The good news is the Devs now have complete listings of all cities on each planets now. I'll post a list so we can get a complete number of cities on Dantooine.

With the housing purge early next year, hopefully Nar Shadda will get a chance. Before Mikal's sub officially expires, I'll log on him and add some people to the admin list for the mall and such.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:47 am

Kurke Aumea wrote:As the founding mayor, my only request is that you keep the city hall decorated as is (or close to it at least).

Don't worry about that :) I can suppose the time you have passed to build this up. I'll let it like that in the memory of Kurke :)

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:28 pm

Finally it's done I'm the new mayor of Fort Nar Shadda! I will keep my engagement to the citizen and help the city to growth the more I can.

And I'm still looking for a militia so post your application here :)

Thank you

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:53 pm

I've always wanted a city on Corellia and a jerky who set up a city for storage is blocking me. Hope a slot comes open.

Tenvik

Post by Tenvik » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:10 am

Good to see Nar Shadda back on the map again, for the longest time I though I was the only one still living there.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:22 am

Mr Bubble lol. You totally sound like Mr Bubble

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:42 am

Hey RIDmates

Just want to let you know that Fort Nar Shadda is eligible for rank 3. Now I'm seeking for all RID who don't have a house in a RID city. Come to Fort Nar Shadda, The Jewel of Dantooine.

What's coming soon?
-A shuttle: Of course, The Jewel of Dantooine needs a shuttle to be visited :)
-The mall: I'm gonna find the finest decorator of SS to get our mall the most visited of the galaxy.
-The vendors: To be the most visited in the galaxy we need vendors. Any player who wanna put down a vendor is welcome. I would like to make the Nar Shadda mall THE reference but we need good crafters and players to keep the vendor full.
-Entertainners: I would like to put down a cantina. I wanna make it MOST attractive than Mos Eisley. I wanna have 24 hours entertainning in Fort Nar Shadda. I know it's HUGE but with time and patience maybe this is gonna work. *(It's a dream to be a central city in the galaxy)

This plan is for all the 2009 year. 3 points but they are really big and they need to be done perfectly. For the cantina point, it's a dream and it will take the time that's gonna take lol

Plus I'm seeking for a militia. Yjdeg is in atm. I'm looking maybe for 2 others. Requirement? Reside in Fort Nar Shadda, respect the style of the city and accept only RID member or friends.

Why?
With the big free character transfert, I don't wanna take the chance that a moving city take over Fort Nar Shadda. After a couple of month, maybe I'll open the city for any players.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:55 pm

Not to rain on your parade, my Mon Cal friend, but get in line. Many, many cities from different planets and different servers have had to deal with the broken city advancement system. To assume that you're getting promoted because you're qualified is ignorant, unless you've double-checked the number of Rank 4/5 cities on Dant. Of course, that doesn't mean much, even Fort Keen was eligible when there were a total of 19 4/5s, but alas, no advancement. Reported, and the CSRs claimed they couldn't do anything.

Bottom line, don't assume you're getting promoted. I was that way...back in Summer 2007, and Fort Keen is still Rank 3, while other 4/5s have risen and fallen on Talus. Unfortunately, if the house pack up is as thorough as many mayors would like, RID may be in trouble holding on to one Rank 4 city.

Also, as an FYI, the "Smuggler's Moon" is Nar Shaddaa.[/u]

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:47 pm

Arev wrote:Also, as an FYI, the "Smuggler's Moon" is Nar Shaddaa.[/u]

It's not the "Smuggler's Moon" :P it's the jewel of Dantooine hehehe

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:00 am

Arev wrote:Not to rain on your parade, my Mon Cal friend, but get in line. Many, many cities from different planets and different servers have had to deal with the broken city advancement system. To assume that you're getting promoted because you're qualified is ignorant, unless you've double-checked the number of Rank 4/5 cities on Dant. Of course, that doesn't mean much, even Fort Keen was eligible when there were a total of 19 4/5s, but alas, no advancement. Reported, and the CSRs claimed they couldn't do anything.

Bottom line, don't assume you're getting promoted. I was that way...back in Summer 2007, and Fort Keen is still Rank 3, while other 4/5s have risen and fallen on Talus. Unfortunately, if the house pack up is as thorough as many mayors would like, RID may be in trouble holding on to one Rank 4 city.

Also, as an FYI, the "Smuggler's Moon" is Nar Shaddaa.[/u]

Dude, why so hostile? If Daiho wants to make plans for the city, let him.

Also, I know it is spelled Nar Shaddaa (and I knew it when I founded the city), but the name filter is rather picky, so what you see is what you get.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:43 am

Daiho wrote:
Arev wrote:Also, as an FYI, the "Smuggler's Moon" is Nar Shaddaa.[/u]

It's not the "Smuggler's Moon" :P it's the jewel of Dantooine hehehe

:D I know, I was differentiating your Nar Shadda from the planet Nar Shaddaa.

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Dude, why so hostile? If Daiho wants to make plans for the city, let him.

Also, I know it is spelled Nar Shaddaa (and I knew it when I founded the city), but the name filter is rather picky, so what you see is what you get.

I wasn't being hostile, I was being a realist - sharing my experience working with and governing over a city that has been eligible to advance, but hasn't because of a broken system. I was once like Daiho, and was rather excited once Fort Keen reached 30+ citizens, but ever since August 2007, I've gotten pretty used to reading, "Unfortunately...".

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:35 am

One month ago they have unlocked the city progression. I'm sure they will do it again. When this is gonna happen, I wanna be ready to get the next rank. Maybe, Arev I don't have your experience, maybe I dream on something who CAN'T happen but I can feel the force around Fort Nar Shadda and everything can happen :)